• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 349 66.5%

• Total voters

da Choge

Forum Donor
What I mean is that if the cable connected to the right output Chanel of the DMP is connected to the Quad left input and the problem moves to the left Chanel it’s the right output of the DMP that has a fault.
Gotcha. Then it seems you're right; the fault lies with the Eversolo.

mirror88

Audio Company
What I mean is that if the cable connected to the right output Chanel of the DMP is connected to the Quad left input and the problem moves to the left Chanel it’s the right output of the DMP that has a fault.
Looks like one of the op amps is faulty, just contact your seller and get a new unit

mittelp

Ich glaube, ich habe möglicherweise ein Problem mit dem kürzlich gekauften Eversolo DMP A6.
Das Gerät funktionierte einwandfrei und dann traten in den letzten ein oder zwei Wochen Probleme auf.
Beim Einschalten des Geräts ist die Lautstärke des rechten Kanals deutlich geringer als die des linken. Volumen. Auch der richtige Ton ist verzerrt
Ich verwende RCA-Kabel für meinen Quad Artera Solus.
Ich habe die Kabel komplett ausgetauscht, mit dem gleichen Problem.
Ich vertausche das linke und das rechte Kabel und das Problem liegt dann im linken Kanal.
Koaxial und USB sind in Ordnung. Es scheint also ein analoges Problem zu sein.
Ich habe die analogen Eingänge am Quad überprüft und sie sind in Ordnung.
Ich habe zwei analoge Eingänge am Quad
Ich habe einen Reset auf Werkseinstellungen durchgeführt und das Problem bleibt bestehen.
Hat jemand dieses Problem gehabt?
Bei meinem Gerät war heute der rechte Kanal (analog) tot. Nachdem ich den Eingang gewechselt hatte und zurück auf analog war, war der wieder da :confused: Weiss der Geier was das war:oops:
The right channel (analog) of my device was dead today. After I had changed the input and back to analog, it was back:confused: God knows what that is:oops:
Incidentally, the day of Eversolo began again with a crash at TunIn in the station: Radio eins :eek:

Last edited:

Werther44210

I had version 3 pro for 2 years before selling it and getting the eversolo one.

Comparatively, in sound, I find the eversolo better, more powerful. Maybe the fact that there are two 2xES9038Q2M chips while the matrix only has one?

On the other hand, matrix manages standby better. I never had to turn it off or on. It goes to sleep automatically when there is no more music and wakes up and displays album covers as long as there is sound.

I also lost the analog input for my turntable :(. Anyone found a cool vinyl preamp with an optical output?

Matrix test, the tester really appreciates the DMP, he finds the Matrix interesting on the sound part, it is more limited in terms of functionality, no possibility of an external DAC, compulsory wired connection for the internet, no digital outputs, otherwise quite complete , little information on what's inside except single 9039 K2M DAC, successor to the 9038 and quad core 2 gigahertz processor... Smaller screen which is touch-sensitive, application deemed not bad, not Roon certified (in progress) , in the end he feels the sound not linear and neutral like the DMP, both are transparent he says in the same way, the biggest difference between the two the tone, the Matrix has a treble treatment a little more attenuated by compared to the DMP which has well-proportioned treble, but remaining on the line, therefore, whoever wants to have an unattenuated treble will prefer the DMP. On the Matrix, he talks about organic sound or smoother, more relaxed listening (reminds me of the Rose I have). Otherwise, the other difference, the price and after what you want as a tone. Also, missing features on the Matrix and the smaller screen may come into play....

Hoinar

keep calm, the reviewer speaks from his stomach. It is not the absolute truth in the audio field. I doubt that Matrix is better than Eversolo A6. Matrix Mini I 3pro sounds sterile, cold. So??????

Werther44210

restez calme, le critique parle de son estomac. Ce n'est pas la vérité absolue dans le domaine audio. Je doute que Matrix soit meilleur qu'Eversolo A6. Matrix Mini I 3pro sonne stérile, froid. Donc??????

keep calm, the reviewer speaks from his stomach. It is not the absolute truth in the audio field. I doubt that Matrix is better than Eversolo A6. Matrix Mini I 3pro sounds sterile, cold. So??????
I agree with you, subjective opinion, he had previously said the DMP A6 extreme good sound reproduction, it is the perpetual match between the components giving a neutral, analytical, straight sound, focusing on transparency and precision at the level sound layers (DMP type or Yamaha amp for example) and others plus a mix of that with the famous holographic reproduction, with a less straight tone and softer treble that does not go as far as super treble. In my opinion, the reproduction that sticks the most to what we can hear in a concert hall is the first one that of the DMP with an infinity of micro-details, some people prefer the second. Like you, I think the DMP is much superior, but I have a fairly analytical approach to music listening to a lot of classical, hence the purchase of the DMP. The Matrix has the advantage of a lower price, if you have the budget I will say unequivocally DMP which as I have often said in this forum is more at the level of readers in the higher price category with a price exceptional.

Werther44210

They liked the Eversolo in all the configurations with its DAC or as a transport, perhaps the product of the year, they had tested the Hi-Fi Rose, Node X or Nad M10. In conclusion they say "sound quality offered here is absolutely exceptional at this price..." Report strange VU meters...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Unless the comparisons are level matched and performed unsighted any ‘conclusions’ mean absolutely nothing.
The components measurements show that it is transparent that is it, there cannot be ‘better’.
Keith

Sound_freq

Unless the comparisons are level matched and performed unsighted any ‘conclusions’ mean absolutely nothing.
The components measurements show that it is transparent that is it, there cannot be ‘better’.
Keith
The measured transparency argument continues, but many buyers/listeners/reviewers ears hear something else altogether. A sound signature leaning somewhat to the forward side of neutral / additional energy in the upper midrange and treble without sounding bright or harsh. Are they all wrong ? I think not.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The measured transparency argument continues, but many buyers/listeners/reviewers ears hear something else altogether. A sound signature leaning somewhat to the forward side of neutral / additional energy in the upper midrange and treble without sounding bright or harsh. Are they all wrong ? I think not.
It's all about what they listen to: source, amplification, loudspeaker or headphone.
If the source is mighty transparent, then there remain lots of former factors.
Most "fine tuned" systems depend on leveling the errors down to an individually preferred result.
Would never exclude myself from that ;).

Werther44210

The ideal when you acquire this type of equipment (source) would be to be able to listen with your amplifier and speaker set, and also by what you hear. I had some clues from a person who had tested the DMP with a few amps and speakers that it gave an interesting result, by analogy, since on a Yamaha RN 2000A and Triangle Australe speakers it sounded pretty good with the DMP, I I said should work, since my Denon is very neutral, with a certain analytical component Focal speakers a little less dynamic than the Triangle giving a less incisive or brilliant treble....

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are they all wrong ? I think not.
They could well be. There may be an unadjusted signal level difference, or they are all saying the same thing because the other guy said it before them. Confirmation bias is a heck of a thing. Consider Wason's Selection Test or the Asch Conformity Experiments.

But if there is a HF difference, there will be a HF anomaly that shows up in measurements, averting all this unreliable speculation.

bargainguy

I've been listening to the A6 for awhile now. I trust my ears. I don't get any of the forward vibe some here are reporting.

If there's one thing I've noticed about the A6 in my system, it's that I tend to listen at much lower volume levels than before. It seems as though the detail is there without being exaggerated. No need to boost volume in an attempt at detail retrieval.

This was somewhat unexpected. If anything, I thought I'd be turning it up a lot more. Nope. No need to do that. Went in the opposite direction. I'm good.

dscottj

Just got mine set up and going about an hour ago. Great stuff! @mirror88 : if you're still taking feature requests I'd cast another vote for a new theme mode that increases the font size of the song title if at all possible. It looks like there's still room for expansion, esp. if word wrap was possible. Not a big deal but it would be a nice thing to have. Loving it so far! EDIT: since this is coming from another guy who's sitting across the room from it, it strikes me that the right-side touch controls could be shrunk or even eliminated to claim even more real estate. While I will check the screen constantly I probably won't interact with it all that much with my current system layout. The other theme modes could be left alone for those with a more touch-friendly layout. Anyway, just some things that'd make it even more useful to me. But it's plenty useful already!

Last edited:

maniolo

Matrix test, the tester really appreciates the DMP, he finds the Matrix interesting on the sound part, it is more limited in terms of functionality, no possibility of an external DAC, compulsory wired connection for the internet, no digital outputs, otherwise quite complete , little information on what's inside except single 9039 K2M DAC, successor to the 9038 and quad core 2 gigahertz processor... Smaller screen which is touch-sensitive, application deemed not bad, not Roon certified (in progress) , in the end he feels the sound not linear and neutral like the DMP, both are transparent he says in the same way, the biggest difference between the two the tone, the Matrix has a treble treatment a little more attenuated by compared to the DMP which has well-proportioned treble, but remaining on the line, therefore, whoever wants to have an unattenuated treble will prefer the DMP. On the Matrix, he talks about organic sound or smoother, more relaxed listening (reminds me of the Rose I have). Otherwise, the other difference, the price and after what you want as a tone. Also, missing features on the Matrix and the smaller screen may come into play....

Regarding my experience between the matrix in its 3 pro version (to have wifi on 4, you need the pro version) and the eversolo, in the same configuration which I find very neutral, namely as an amp, the boxem purifi and for the speaker; the Illumine from Recital-Audio (French speakers with aluminum membranes that I'd love to see amir hear ...), the eversolo seems much more powerful. I'm not talking about sound signature because I don't hear any and that's exactly what I'm looking for through my system :). As I mentioned, maybe, be careful, I don't understand much about the technique, this power is due to the use of an ES9038Q2M chip per channel.

On the other hand, the manufacturing quality of Matrix is magnificent, above Eversolo in my opinion, just see how they take care of their remote control. And in use, as I have also written several times, standby management is perfect, I don't have to turn the device on or off every day and casually it changes everything in terms of experience! I still chose to separate myself from my matrix because the eversolo sublimates my speakers a little more. On all other points, I prefer matrix.

Hoinar

Please tell me if it is possible to play youtube music on the A6? If so, what are the steps? Thank you

Top Bottom