• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it has to be as minimalistic as possible. At least that's how I like it.
We do have emojis (and words!) to convey feelings towards a comment. That should suffice.

I like the current system.
I meant more for detailed analysis, as a general thing it works fine, altho I'd rather see a few more choices than just "like" to be more specific.

raif71

Major Contributor

Identifying Top Users on the “Audio Science Review” Website​

Everyone knows that Amir gets the most likes. But who gets the most likes from Amir?​

This website has gained great popularity as a hub for audio enthusiasts, professionals, and just curious people who want to have well-informed evidence-based discussions about audio equipment. With a vibrant community of contributors, it is fascinating to explore the dynamics of user preferences and interactions within this platform. In this R notebook, we examine user data from the Audio Science Review website to identify the top users based on their likability.

Objective​

The main objective of this analysis is to identify the users who are most liked and respected within the Audio Science Review community. By analyzing user interactions and preferences, we aim to identify those who have made a significant impact, sparked insightful discussions, and attracted the admiration of others, including the website’s host.

Dataset​

Our analysis is based on a comprehensive dataset collected from the Audio Science Review website through web-scraping. This dataset includes users' profiles and comments with likes that are relevant to the study.

Using a Python script, the data was retrieved from the website and stored in .csv files.

comments.csv contains a list of all comments on this website. For each comment, we retrieved the list of user IDs who liked that particular comment.

users.csv contains a list of registered users who have posted at least once on the website.

Who gets the most likes?​

Have a look at the official forum statistics: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?members/&key=highest_reaction_score

Who likes Amir the most?​

And who did Amir get most of the likes from? To find out, we first have to find out who liked whom and how often. We will need these relations for all the website’s users:

Now we can check who Amir received the most likes from:

View attachment 286504
Hugo9000 and Veri are the leaders in this section and liked most comments by Amir.

And who is most liked by Amir?​

Now comes the more interesting part. Who gets liked by Amir the most?

View attachment 286506
As we can see, Blumlein 88 and DonH56 got more likes from the host than anybody else (over 300). But, interestingly, the numbers for each individual user don’t seem to be that high compared to how many likes Amir got from some users, e.g. Hugo9000, Veri, or Xulonn.

Who awards the most likes?​

Who is particularly generous when it comes to handing out likes? Surely we will now see some names we have seen before among Amir’s likers:

View attachment 286505
It is really impressive how many comments were liked by these people. As expected, Hugo9000 and Veri are on this list.
Amir is also presented in this top list. As the number of given comments to certain people was not that high, it means, he gave out likes to a great number of different users.

We would like to receive your feedback and further data analysis questions.
Shouldn't the most like by Amir is a flat kinda graph ? :D

Veri

Master Contributor
View attachment 286505
It is really impressive how many comments were liked by these people. As expected, Hugo9000 and Veri are on this list.
Amir is also presented in this top list. As the number of given comments to certain people was not that high, it means, he gave out likes to a great number of different users.

We would like to receive your feedback and further data analysis questions.
Hmm. But I'm not in that list :D right..?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've gotta stop "liking" so much-now I'm on a list...

I often "like" posts to agree to their point, or encourage them or acknowledge the post is funny or interesting enough to strike the key.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I once attempted to boost my abysmally low post-to-like ratio... and truth be told, I couldn't care less. It makes me ponder the lengths to which individuals who value likes greatly would go to actively seek them out. Interestingly, every post I've ever made with the intention of garnering likes has failed miserably, haha. Conversely, there are instances when I receive completely unforeseen likes. I suppose I'm just a hapless like hunter, lol.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I once attempted to boost my abysmally low post-to-like ratio... and truth be told, I couldn't care less. It makes me ponder the lengths to which individuals who value likes greatly would go to actively seek them out. Interestingly, every post I've ever made with the intention of garnering likes has failed miserably, haha. Conversely, there are instances when I receive completely unforeseen likes. I suppose I'm just a hapless like hunter, lol.
It's amazing. I try to be positive and that helps. Some niKs here say negative funny stuff and voila! LIKES!. LoL>

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
... and some of the strangest most unlikely YouTube songs get lotsa likes too. Most do not.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've gotta stop "liking" so much-now I'm on a list...

I often "like" posts to agree to their point, or encourage them or acknowledge the post is funny or interesting enough to strike the key.
Same here. If I appreciate the post in some meaningful way, it gets a like.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So, a single post by the thread starter, containing some fairly detailed analysis of the ‘like’ hierarchy here at ASR. And then they disappear.

I wonder what that is about. Consider me intrigued.
We're being analyzed. Now we know how the equipment we analyze feels! :oops:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about the messages to like ratio. I got shot at the "to show" participation trophy.Because I post on A Call for Humor, except for that Moose and Squirrel must die laughing guy who steals my thunder

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about the messages to like ratio. I got shot at the "to show" participation trophy.Because I post on A Call for Humor, except for that Moose and Squirrel must die laughing guy who steals my thunder
Meant to say likes to messages ratio. Dyslexia strikes again :facepalm:

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I recall how Michael Jackson could captivate the audience by simply standing still on stage for 5 minutes, driving them wild.
Then you have someone who writes 3 words and receives 40 likes in this thread. I believe my most constructive/liked post garnered around 7 likes. Haha, some people just have that special something.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recall how Michael Jackson could captivate the audience by simply standing still on stage for 5 minutes, driving them wild.
Then you have someone who writes 3 words and receives 40 likes in this thread. I believe my most constructive/liked post garnered around 7 likes. Haha, some people just have that special something.
Yeah is over at A Call For Humor thread

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps we need the h-index for likes.

Top Bottom