• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
You've said that the full 4 sec file content is being checked.
No I didn't say this - I don't know what the FPGA is doing and won't guess.

Unless you know what FPGA is doing or RME explains, it is just guessing.

I only said that 4s is too short to be on loop so I created 32s in Audacity with copy and paste.

According to what I've seen in the explanations how the test works only part of the file is required to be found for the positive pass.

The only way I could verify this is if I split the 4s into shorter - which is what I wrote above , I did not do.

I guess I could in a few weeks when I get some time. Right now, not a priority but later yes, can check

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
No I didn't say this - I don't know what the FPGA is doing and won't guess.

Unless you know what FPGA is doing or RME explains, it is just guessing.
Let me quote you:
"that 'specific bit pattern' is exactly their test file that they created"

Music1969

Major Contributor
Let me quote you:
"that 'specific bit pattern' is exactly their test file that they created"

Yes, that is correct. Not sure what is inaccurate ?

RME created it. It is not a random test file from internet. That is what I am trying to say there.

But exactly what is in the test file and what the FPGA is doing - how would I or you know this ?

I didn't write the code.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yes, that is correct. Not sure what is inaccurate ?

RME created it. It is not a random test file from internet. That is what I am trying to say there.
As it was referred to the "specific bit pattern" which must be detected, your "exactly their test file" means that the whole 4 sec file content must be found.
Is something wrong with my understanding above?

Music1969

Major Contributor
As it was referred to the "specific bit pattern" which must be detected, your "exactly their test file" means that the whole 4 sec file content must be found.
Is something wrong with my understanding above?
I see you are zooming inside the 4s.

When you said 'specific bit patten' , for practical purposes, I only care about the 4 full seconds (32 seconds is more practical on loop).

As I already wrote , I never analysed inside the 4s but I can later, to see if there is anything interesting to learn.

For practical purposes of testing a source/chain completely for bit perfectness, it is not really that interesting to zoom in further inside the 4s but I might later.

I don't know what additional information this can give you - that a source is even more bit perfect ? :D

Bit perfecter !

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Honestly there is nothing more I can write at a moment. I'm going to repeat my tests after FW change to see if it helped.
If you guys prefer to believe just in one message shown on the DAC's screen instead of making some simple additional tests, it's up to you.

DantonIzzo

I typically output SPDIF to my topping dx3 pro+, but just for giggles I decided to plug my headphone into the aux output. And honestly it sounds really good!

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
It’s not available on apps store on iOS still old 2.2.0
Refresh?

A5BBB42D-6BF4-42C5-86B4-C12275C1C5AB.jpeg

Bamyasi

I am listening now to Here It Is: A Tribute to Leonard Cohen album (24/96) on Qobuz streamed via BubbleUPnP to GMediarender on RPi4 and routed via USB to my DAC vs same track via WiiM Mini to optical TOSLINK on the same DAC and be damned if I can here a slightest difference if at all.

Fantastic album, by the way.

Reactions: MCH

LOTK

Honestly there is nothing more I can write at a moment. I'm going to repeat my tests after FW change to see if it helped.
If you guys prefer to believe just in one message shown on the DAC's screen instead of making some simple additional tests, it's up to you.
Hi, can you help to communicate with WiiM Support in WiiM Home app, maybe your device is defective and they will change a new device to you.

D

Deleted member 47859

Deezer is still broken with the new app on iOS. Maybe a firmware update is necessary.

Top Bottom