• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

murzik

I have both amazon UHD and tidal hifi plus but going back and forth using highest setting on same artwork/album tidal has more pronounced bass and extended decay which I like. Anyone hearing same thing?
Same song with the same settings, using external DAC, sounds absolutely the same for me from Amazon UHD and Tidal HIFI . I could not hear any difference. Do not forget that external DAC with MQA connected over toslink should be used to really compare apple to apple.

Brantome

Major Contributor
PEQ in the roadmap has transformed to GEQ... Booo... :(
Agreed, very disappointed that it’s been demoted to graphic EQ just days before its projected roadmap release. Looking back, parametric was dropped from their description around July 28th.

I’ve emailed them to ask if they’ve completely dropped plans for PEQ

telemike

By adding an EQ in the WIIM, won't the output stream then not be "bit perfect"

Turambar

Indeed, but some people will surely prefer their equipment to be bit perfect just before DA conversion. :)

Personally, I don't really care a lot what Wiim developers finally do. It's a $100 device, and I'm already happy with all that brings to the game, plus the next updates that will leave Amazon playback in very good shape.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Indeed, but some people will surely prefer their equipment to be bit perfect just before DA conversion. :)
Of course, that's why it's a choice usually to use EQ or not.

PEQ is really important for me because I usually tune my headphones to Harman target curve.

Last edited:

Green7

Updated to Firmware Version 4.6.426049. I wasn't on beta. With the new firmware, when casting from Amazon Music, it shows the HD and UHD labels in Wiim app. Does not show bit rate, Hz, etc as compared to when you play Amazon Music from within the Wiim app. Casting has been working so far in bit-perfect mode.

Last edited:

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Updated to Firmware Version 4.6.426049. I wasn't on beta. With the new firmware, when casting from Amazon Music, it shows the HD and UHD labels in Wiim app. Does not show bit rate, Hz, etc as compared to when you play Amazon Music from within the Wiim app. Casting has been working so far in bit-perfect mode.
It look like they release the UHD on Amazon casting?

Brantome

Major Contributor
For me, it being bit perfect was more about them not potentially up/down sampling that I had no control or choice over. Now that it is bit perfect, I’m more than happy to choose whether I use the EQ or not to suit my listening taste

telemike

Cast from the Amazon app, then open the Wiim app and you should see the bitrate info

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Cast from the Amazon app, then open the Wiim app and you should see the bitrate info
Personally I've never been able to cast from Amazon app. Mini was never visible here. No real issue as Amazon Music is not so important for me.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Personally I've never been able to cast from Amazon app. Mini was never visible here. No real issue as Amazon Music is not so important for me.
In order to do that, since Amazon Music uses AlexaCast, you need to log in to Alexa on the Wiim app. After doing that, your WiiM will appear as a casting target

Top Bottom