• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No access to amplifier forum? - 2

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Sorry about that. Can you check to make sure you have the latest version please:

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Yes, I'm all up to date:

1651066488953.png

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know why you locked the thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-access-to-amplifier-forum.33442/

I'm also having issues with FireFox. I've tried all the usual things, clearing cache, etc., but to no avail. I can access the amplifier forum using MS Edge.
Open the element inspector, go to the network tab, which includes the console at the bottom, reload the page and take a screenshot.

There should be some red elements on the console.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And check if there is a difference if logged in or not.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I showed that in the previous thread. :)

index.php
Thank you the follow up info, even if you had to post it twice. Much appreciated.

@amirm can you take a look under the hood and check that all the spark plugs are connected please?

Raindog123

Major Contributor
...its a long shot, but it can even be related to one's firewall, tied to some Firefox quirk. Thus invisible to others.

And clearing browser's page cache helps, sometimes... :)

DSJR

Major Contributor
Sorry to butt in, but Firefox gave this ancient laptop some issues recently after several 'updates' and rathetr than fully switch to Google Chrome, I uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it which seemed to sort it. I also use 'Expire History by Days' add-on as Firefox just adds more and more cache which has a slowing effect on this jalopy of a laptop. Whatever, Chrome here does seem quicker to load and use...

The above may not help at all so forgive the intrusion.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The thing here is that users reporting this can enter into some pages but not on, at least, a particular one. Cookies are for the whole site and I don't think that particular pages is sending a particular cookie. With firewall the story is more or less the same, because it's very unlikely that it will treat differently one page from another being of the same site. My bet is there is something on that page that perhaps exposes some Firefox bug, probably a js one, but without the console log is quite hard to know. It complains about a redirection, so a look at the network section of the inspector would be helpful too. At least is what I would ask if I was the developer. That said, in the world of bugs everything is possible.

Without more evidence from the problematic side, we can be here all night speculating, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if we are in good company. :)

I use Firefox but in Ubuntu, so not comparable. I've been looking at the problematic page but I don't see anything special. Just by chance I've detected a minor bug when an emoticon is inserted, but that doesn't cause any other problem. But this investigation procedure is bound to fail. The only one hope is for someone with the problem to send more information: console log and network page.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I'm in Sherlock mode I've found a fun bug :D

image_truncated_asr.png

Yes @AdamG247... your avatar image is not always completely rendered. It happens in different situations, only with your image, as far as I've seen. You can clearly see the problem if you quote you in a post.

asr_corrupted_avatar.png

As you can see the avatar image is incomplete and that raises the error in the console.

I would suggest uploading that again :)

Attachments

• corrupted_avatar_image_asr.png
    corrupted_avatar_image_asr.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 44
  • corrupted_avatar_image_asr.png
    corrupted_avatar_image_asr.png
    449.7 KB · Views: 52

simbloke

Forum Donor
In my experience there can be server errors that cause redirect loops. Often after logging in, the next page thinks you're not logged in due to an error, and redirects you to the login page, which thinks you're logged in. Then you're stuck in a loop.

What you are seeing is the browser detecting this loop and giving up.

Now the issue with all this is that even after the error has gone away the browser could still be caching the redirect response. Clearing your history for the site might help with this.

Another thing that can happen is a cookie (or other stored data) that triggers that page to think you're not logged in. For this log out of the site and clear all cookies for the site.

Finally, yes, it could be a browser bug but I've never seen or heard of one that does this. In case you're wondering, I have seen this kind of error when I created it and inflicted it upon myself!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I showed that in the previous thread. :)

index.php
I've got nothing helpful (I think you know, and have tried, all of the obvious things) -- but I want to note that I just love the language in that error message!
"...the server is redirecting the request... in a way that will never complete."

:)

You can almost hear Firefox saying... I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
I haven't ever seen that^^[Xavier re Adam avatar image] but I do get some..odd behaviour related to Firefox caching with XenForo...(or with ASR XenForo, because afaik it doesn't happen with the other XenForo forum I know.)

Anyway, why does XenForo see this as a Similar Thread? -

Back masking - Are There EVIL Messages in Backwards Songs?​

AdamG

Forum Donor
Since I'm in Sherlock mode I've found a fun bug :D

View attachment 202833
Yes @AdamG247... your avatar image is not always completely rendered. It happens in different situations, only with your image, as far as I've seen. You can clearly see the problem if you quote you in a post.

View attachment 202836
As you can see the avatar image is incomplete and that raises the error in the console.

I would suggest uploading that again :)
I reloaded my account pic. Hope it works now for you ?

Top Bottom