• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
IMHO he doesn't pass the definition test of "entertaining". A 30+ minutes of blah, blah ,blah about some sh***y IEM?

Well, I skip ~98% of the stuff he reviews, and playback 2x speed bits or portions of what I'm actually only interested in. Rarely do I watch a full YT video review at 1x speed. Who has that kind of time? I've never actually bought anything based on his reviews -- EVER -- lucky me, I guess. To me -- and a few aothers --it's all entertainment. Then again, I'm a bit of a masochist, so who knows!

Wombat

Master Contributor
Is Greta Thunberg doing audio reviews now?

Nope. Too busy.

!cid_F5AC73020C2E4067B2E1B65C2D2CFF1A@DESKTOPPIR3I1D.jpg

gikigill

Z followers are probably less informed than the average person after watching his "reviews".

Z never met a piece of free tech that he didn't like. This guy likes everything he reviews.

Davelemi

Forum Donor
I enjoy Zeos's videos especially his hands on approach describing functionality, but I understand why an engineer wound find him annoying. I don't hear him waxing poetic about the specific sound qualities each DAC possesses, rather he simple states most well designed DACs sound the same. Also, his take on the ELAC Navis speakers was spot on, so he's certainly not a shill.

FWIW, Amir's work and the discussions among the members here has opened my eyes (and ears) to the absolute BS in the audiophile space. I thought photography marketing was full of crap.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At least he didn't perpetuate the myth you have to spend thousands to get a decent DAC.

No more than the cost of a Big Mac meal if a dongle is sufficient! :eek:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't hear him waxing poetic about the specific sound qualities each DAC possesses, rather he simple states most well designed DACs sound the same.
Yep, he is not that lost. He doesn't believe in High-end cables, neither in burn-in. Kind of a good entertainer to me. At last, even if the guy is definitely not very technically skilled , I like the way he destroys BS myths:

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
So, people who believe in "audio science" don't believe in actual climate science? SMH.

Climate science? Yes. Climate virtue signalling or grand standing? Nope.

For many of the same reasons I ignore tax reform advice and charitable donation tips from Bono.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackleford

Climate science? Yes. Climate virtue signalling or grand standing? Nope.

Much in the same way I ignore tax reform advice and charitable donation tips from Bono.

Climate scientists disagree with you. But IMO a good rule of thumb is to ignore anyone who uses the meaningless term "virtue signaling" in place of an actual argument. I'll follow that rule of thumb with you now.

Whatever happened to acid rain and that big hole in the ozone?

Good question. Why don't you research what changes were made to address those?

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Whatever happened to acid rain and that big hole in the ozone?

The same thing that happened to smog in the LA region. We cleaned it up, at great cost.

I'm all for CARB, the Sierra Club, good environmental policy etc. I'm not so keen listening to l'enfant terrible who has crossed the Atlantic in a carbon fibre sailboat. I find it ironic, and a bit hypocritical, that Greta goes on about issues of self preservation without taking that message to China and India.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am a tree hugger and advocate reducing GHG emissions but I do consider that there is something profoundly hypocritical or dishonest about someone preserving their "integrity" by avoiding making a return flight at the expense of multiple flights for a boat crew plus the logistic support emissions. Take the flight and save emissions, but that would mean making a mature choice.

Top Bottom