• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
FWIW, I recently decided to give Zeos another try. Made it thru about 2 minutes of non-stop shaky cam, and I couldn't take any more.
It is weird but if you watch enough of his videos, your brain adapts and you can tolerate it better!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
It is weird but if you watch enough of his videos, your brain adapts and you can tolerate it better!

I agree...

IMG_1833.JPG

Drone/doom

That nasty stuff included death threats over an IEM to those who didnt like it.

I was a subscriber on the Basshead threads on Headfi, unsubbed after 2 weeks. That guy is a prime example of the ugly American stereotype.

They were sexual ones too which should've been a perma ban and then threatened oluv of oluvs gadgets who did videos on few of HBB's crap IEM's. He a disgusting asshole.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who is HBB?

gikigill

Glad I missed the sexual ones. Not enough eyebleach.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ

Thats HBB. Ask him about his 4 houses in Hawaii and how much money he makes from them, his JET job in Japan and how he runs his super-mega bombastic JET school and how he is best mates with the Yakuza.

Dont forget to lodge a request to see his 15" *****. Looking only no touching though:D

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Zeo is quite good actually. His reviews are not far off at all. I'm also a good friend (online) of oluv.
Oluv is criticized as being too harsh on products. People need to understand the perspective of the reviewers and how to interpret a review. It's not about someone likes/praises something or not. It's about finding elements that you like or don't like and having a overall idea of how things sound. Zeo likes different types of sound, never did he said what he likes are neutral or flat. Oluv is very straight about it that headphones should sound natural and flat maybe with a bit extra bass but never harsh treble.
People watch zeo's video not only about the review but someone talks to you about something. It's a different experience. Whether you have time for a 30 minute review or not is your thing. And seemingly zeo has many followers. (shrugs)
And for who knows Oluv, I'm the John whom he used to talk about, haha.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Glad I missed the sexual ones. Not enough eyebleach.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ

Thats HBB. Ask him about his 4 houses in Hawaii and how much money he makes from them, his JET job in Japan and how he runs his super-mega bombastic JET school and how he is best mates with the Yakuza.

Dont forget to lodge a request to see his 15" *****. Looking only no touching though:D
Oh bad guy bad reviews.

Drone/doom

He is a crow who puts on a few feathers shedded by an actual engineer peacock (a la Amir) and pretends that he is a real peacock now.

> Says the hobby is a scam/snake oil.

> Meltsdown when his 12 videos on ****** IEM's are called out rightfully by other guy's.

Really lothe how this is considered highbrow youtube reviewing.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
> Says the hobby is a scam/snake oil.

> Meltsdown when his 12 videos on ****** IEM's are called out rightfully by other guy's.

Really lothe how this is considered highbrow youtube reviewing.

Society is regressing. Trying to halt the slide triggers people. Pathetic.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Zeos did a good video on snake oil and although he can get a bit carried away at times he does refrain from just falling into the more expensive = better assumption of many reviewers.

tensor9

Forum Donor
I like Zeos. He's entertaining, and I find him quite funny. His reviews cover the more practical aspects of gear. I might not agree with every word that comes out of his mouth, but I still think he provides some valuable insight.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Who?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
*doesn't watch the Kardashians either...

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t know much about his reviews, but I liked that he was willing to have a go at showing up and reminding everyone that good audio doesn’t need to cost a fortune. Attracting new and younger people into audio is important.

Top Bottom