• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your favorite IEMs?

Earfonia

I have not listened to the King Pro, but I own the Blessing 2 Dusk (that's why I included in the graph I posted). The bass shelve on the King pro is quite a bit higher than on the B2D.
I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I like bass. :) But a shelve about 5dB more than the B2D should be plenty low end energy, knowing the B2D has already a nice amount of bass.
I still think the Kong Pro has a nice FR. Should be quite a bit of fun. :)

From measurement it does look like bassy IEM, but I tried with many genres, it is not. The bass is very detailed and textured without any boominess, so my ears don't perceive it as bassy IEM, and to my ears, 'strangely' it sounds quite balanced. King Pro is better than all TFZ I have and I've tried. So far that's the best TFZ model for me. But I haven't tried their newer models since covid started.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
From measurement it does look like bassy IEM, but I tried with many genres, it is not. The bass is very detailed and textured without any boominess, so my ears don't perceive it as bassy IEM, and to my ears, 'strangely' it sounds quite balanced. King Pro is better than all TFZ I have and I've tried. So far that's the best TFZ model for me. But I haven't tried their newer models since covid started.
Yeah, with a good quality bass you can have a little more without it becoming too much.

welsh

Just curious.

1. Etymotic ER2SE. IMHO perfect sq and a price/performance juggernaut

2. Fiio FH7: far from perfect but I just like it. Fun to use.

3. Sennheiser IE 300: super comfortable, can wear them for 12 hours without fatigue. Tasteful v shape with lots of raw power.
InEar Prophile 8. A ‘reference’ earphone with no tonal issues and ergonomic housings which approach the comfort of a custom moulding.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Stock tips for me too, the smallest ones that came in the box.

Just took delivery of my Dusk. Snug comfy fit and decent seal with the stock medium tips. I have the Starfield which are far harder to keep seated comfortably. My left ear canal must be slightly smaller or shaped differently to R as it usually drops out with most IEM but the Dusk seems to stay put.

Nice bit of kit. Sounds good on first listen. If I use the Auto EQ function in Wavelet, you really have to be loud and listen hard to tell a significant difference between EQ on and off which tells you its pretty close to Harman target already (which we already knew) and I would be pretty happy to listen to these without EQ at all. Very nice bass.

RHO

Major Contributor
Just took delivery of my Dusk. Snug comfy fit and decent seal with the stock medium tips. I have the Starfield which are far harder to keep seated comfortably. My left ear canal must be slightly smaller or shaped differently to R as it usually drops out with most IEM but the Dusk seems to stay put.

Nice bit of kit. Sounds good on first listen. If I use the Auto EQ function in Wavelet, you really have to be loud and listen hard to tell a significant difference between EQ on and off which tells you its pretty close to Harman target already (which we already knew) and I would be pretty happy to listen to these without EQ at all. Very nice bass.
I never use EQ on mine. They just don't need it.

jannek

Just got my new Thieaudio Clairvoyances after selling the Dusks because of no chance for a comfortable fit with the big nozzle. I know that remembering a sound signature for longer than a few seconds is difficult and the Dusks left a month ago, but I have to say the Clairvoyances sound different than expected.
Even if the measured FR of Dusk and Clairvoyance are almost identical, I have the Impression of less impressive subbass and less warmth than with the Dusks. The supertweeters of the Clairvoyances at first lead to no spectacular benefit - but maybe this is my personal hearing loss, not the fault of the IEMs. Even when EQed to Harman Target it seems different than the EQed Dusks. Same tips, of course. Both seemed muffled at the top end without EQ, but the main difference is Subbass and upper bass, I think.
A big difference are spatial qualities, this is a completely different level with the Clairvoyances.
The next days I will be testing tips (Dekoni, Spinfit, Comply, Spiral Dots) and see which is most comfortable - this is first priority after the desaster with the B2Ds.

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Have you heard the Blessing 2? Love them so far.

RHO

Major Contributor
Just got my new Thieaudio Clairvoyances after selling the Dusks because of no chance for a comfortable fit with the big nozzle. I know that remembering a sound signature for longer than a few seconds is difficult and the Dusks left a month ago, but I have to say the Clairvoyances sound different than expected.
Even if the measured FR of Dusk and Clairvoyance are almost identical, I have the Impression of less impressive subbass and less warmth than with the Dusks. The supertweeters of the Clairvoyances at first lead to no spectacular benefit - but maybe this is my personal hearing loss, not the fault of the IEMs. Even when EQed to Harman Target it seems different than the EQed Dusks. Same tips, of course. Both seemed muffled at the top end without EQ, but the main difference is Subbass and upper bass, I think.
A big difference are spatial qualities, this is a completely different level with the Clairvoyances.
The next days I will be testing tips (Dekoni, Spinfit, Comply, Spiral Dots) and see which is most comfortable - this is first priority after the desaster with the B2Ds.
Why the Clairvoyance and not the Oracle or Excalibur for instance? Just curious.

jannek

To be honest: Because not having them on the radar at the time of order (one month ago) and being impressed by the many rave reviews of the Clairvoyance. I'm pretty driven by crinacle's ranking I have to admit, and Oracle and Excalibur are measured but not rated and on the list until today. The Oracle would have been my choice if I would have known it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RHO

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you heard the Blessing 2? Love them so far.
Nope, went straight to the Dusk as they seemed to get even better reviews. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could work out how to eq the Dusk to be a Blessing 2, there cant be too much in it.

RHO

Major Contributor
To be honest: Because not having them on the radar at the time of order (one month ago) and being impressed by the many rave reviews of the Clairvoyance. I'm pretty driven by crinacle's ranking I have to admit, and Oracle and Excalibur are measured but not rated and on the list until today. The Oracle would have been my choice if I would have known it.
I think he did rank the Oracle by now. Don't know about the Excalibur. But the Clairvoyance should make you happy. From everything I read about them they are very impressive.

jannek

Nope, the Oracle is not on the list yet. I just found it on the update posted on june 13th, but not in the ranking yet.
Concerning comfort and spatial qualities the Clairvoyance is a big improvement, but my impression is that the Dusk had more punch in the subbass (even if the Clairvoyance should have more without EQ). The Clairvoyance is impressive, but somehow less "wow" than the Dusk. No idea why.
1625042836146.png

raif71

Major Contributor
Using the blessing 2 (not dusk) when doing chores around the house... loving it!!

RHO

Major Contributor
Nope, the Oracle is not on the list yet. I just found it on the update posted on june 13th, but not in the ranking yet.
Concerning comfort and spatial qualities the Clairvoyance is a big improvement, but my impression is that the Dusk had more punch in the subbass (even if the Clairvoyance should have more without EQ). The Clairvoyance is impressive, but somehow less "wow" than the Dusk. No idea why.
View attachment 138229
Correct, it was in his update that I saw his rankings for the Oracle.
Looking at the curves I would also expect the ThieAudio to have more authority over the Dusk in the bass on Crinacles rig.
On Super Reviews rig it's much more even:
Clairvoyance_vs_Dusk.png

RHO

Major Contributor
Being still an IEM newbie: I think I don't know that, do you have a link for me?
Squig.link
There's several databases you can check there. Also a link to Cinacle his database.

jannek

Cool - thank you very much! That would explain a lot of course - AutoEQ/Wavelet use the crinacle measurement and pull down the subbass by 4 dB...

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
Cool - thank you very much! That would explain a lot of course - AutoEQ/Wavelet use the crinacle measurement and pull down the subbass by 4 dB...
You also have to look at what frequency the curves are aligned. Changing that can give the wrong impression.
Aligned @100Hz
Clairvoyance_vs_Dusk_100Hz.png

Same curves aligned @425Hz
Clairvoyance_vs_Dusk_425Hz.png

Top Bottom