• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha A-S1000 measurements anywhere?

D

Deleted member 48726

Hi there

I'm searching for some THD, FR and Power measurements of the Yamaha A-S1000 but haven't had any luck finding any. Anyone who might have a link?

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

Is this not a thing? Wasn't this amplifier a popular one? And why didn't anyone test the quoted 90 w/ch in an amp weighing 22 kg. ? :)

delta76

Major Contributor
Definitely not as popular as you might think. It is a upper mid/high end amplifier, and people probably stay with S701 or move up to S2xxx. There are way more equipment than can ever be measured.

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

Definitely not as popular as you might think. It is a upper mid/high end amplifier, and people probably stay with S701 or move up to S2xxx. There are way more equipment than can ever be measured.
Well, maybe. I am just wondering why there isn't any more serious tests of the AS series. They look almost identical in layout and specs on paper and being Yamaha, with big sales, I don't know why they haven't been more seriously tested..

delta76

Major Contributor
You can find tests for 701 and 801, not here but reputable sites like audioholics. But i doubt that S1000 is identical to those. As always it can be arranged to send equipment to Amir to test, but it sounds like you are looking to buy.

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

You can find tests for 701 and 801, not here but reputable sites like audioholics. But i doubt that S1000 is identical to those. As always it can be arranged to send equipment to Amir to test, but it sounds like you are looking to buy.
The thousands series look very similar on paper.

Well, shipping from Scandinavia may be overkill and if this is the only way, I will come to terms with having no measurements.

I have an A-s1000 in the not-in-use room and the request is just because of the inherent nerd in me. And also I wonder what the heck the amps' 22 kg. is used for, if not for doing work.. ;)

Top Bottom