• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

Cars-N-Cans

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Without a doubt, this 'film', is the worst agglomeration of images ever captured on celluloid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)

I'm warning you now, DO NOT look at the trailer or any clips of that 'film'. You will be sorry if you do. I take no responsibility for the psychological damage that you will incur from viewing any part of it.

After that, any 'film' by Uwe Boll outranks any 'bad film' out there as the worst movie of all time.
Having parents that are medical doctors they are really into those sorts of grotesque movies. Like really bad stuff, esp. some of those "independent" ones. I remember them watching The Human Centipede night when I was over, and yeah... I'll pass. Although they even have their limits. We went to see Bodies - The Exhibition years ago and they had a table made from a section of a morbidly obese person. I couldn't help but go and lean on it, and give a couple knocks commenting how much it was just like a Formica countertop! They didn't like that, and promptly left without finishing the tour.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Having parents that are medical doctors they are really into those sorts of grotesque movies. Like really bad stuff, esp. some of those "independent" ones. I remember them watching The Human Centipede night when I was over, and yeah... I'll pass. Although they even have their limits. We went to see Bodies - The Exhibition years ago and they had a table made from a section of a morbidly obese person. I couldn't help but go and lean on it, and give a couple knocks commenting how much it was just like a Formica countertop! They didn't like that, and promptly left without finishing the tour.

Centipede is axiomatically not the worst film made, the two sequels knock it entirely out of the running.

Ethical concerns aside, the Bodies exhibition was pretty interesting, and a mainstream crowd-pleaser iirc. The exhibits were preserved via plastination, so you were stating the obvious.

Edit: just noticed your excellent pun.

Last edited:

Cars-N-Cans

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Centipede is axiomatically not the worst film made, the two sequels knock it entirely out of the running.

Ethical concerns aside, the Bodies exhibition was pretty interesting, and a mainstream crowd-pleaser iirc. The exhibits were preserved via plastination, so you were stating the obvious.

Edit: just noticed your excellent pun.
It was actually really interesting and worth seeting! And yes, they were not amused for one reason or another :p

I have only seen snippets of the Centipede sequels, and it just seems to be depravity for depravity's sake. Although along those same lines one that was trashy but still watchable was Feed from 2005, despite being rather campy and a bit over the top.

concorde1

The worst movies I can remember, which are no doubt far from the very worst ever:

Deadpool
Interstellar
Inception
I think I've blanked out the truly worst films, but most Marvel, DC, and super hero movies of the last 10 years are absolute drivel.
Agree!

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Sylvester Stallone Cobra! Couldn’t remember the name think I was blocking it out. Went on a website listing his films and according to them there are several movies of his much worse.

Andysu

Major Contributor
worst movie and worst dolby atmos sound mix is top gun 2 maverick , why nominate it for atmos when it only really uses height 2 middle , with just tiny few seconds of height 1 when missile approaches , worst movie of 2022 , just a load of hype for tom cruise , " talking to producers , insurance companies , to put educational food on the table "

Andysu

Major Contributor
The worst movies I can remember, which are no doubt far from the very worst ever:

Deadpool
Interstellar
Inception

Agree!
deadpool that is a classic at least you can understand the dialog , unlike intersocker sounded like actors had socks in their mouths with yet another muffled nolan movie soundtrack ,
incepsocktion another nolan sock stuffed into the sound mix , worst sound effects editing , worst sound mix , providing if anyone actually , looks at the scope image to where the LCR are placed , the mixing was dreadful it was so uneven unbalanced , i can't even bother with movie anymore , would be better if they mix it down to , mono instead of discrete 5.1

JSmith

Master Contributor
Complete shite...

MV5BZjIzMzhiOTAtNWM0Yy00MGQ4LWJhNDEtMzUzMjY4OTgyYWM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

JSmith

Andysu

Major Contributor
Complete shite...

MV5BZjIzMzhiOTAtNWM0Yy00MGQ4LWJhNDEtMzUzMjY4OTgyYWM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

JSmith
not surprised when its coming out of toilet up your ahhhssAghhhhhh grrrrrrrr , clawing up your asGghhhhhhhhsdgdga
just get large toilet brush and push that crap back down the toilet lol and how is it pg-13 ? shouldn't have even been made in first place lol

Andysu

Major Contributor
worst yet to come lol i simply do not go near cinemas anymore . i wouldn't even rent this to owning it to putting it in dog cat rescue shelter
another woke , marvel disney dumpster fire floating down a river

271460673_631420244837752_8600106352054640116_n.gif

amicusterrae

Deadpool
Interstellar
Inception
Have to disagree re Interstellar--one of my favorite movies. But I also generally love Nolan's films, especially Dunkirk and Tenet.

All time worst is a hard list to make! 100% agree that Ghoulies may have a spot. From the same decade, let's add Mac and Me.

The worst bomb I remember going to see was Nothing But Trouble. My friend and I were big fans of John Candy, Dan Akroyd, and Chevy Chase. How could it have been so bad?

In terms of Terminator knock offs, Season 3 of Stranger Things was fun, but completely ridiculous. The Soviets built fighter jets with vacuum tubes and could not build a moon rocket or space shuttle to match the USA, but somehow they built a secret underground military complex in Indiana.

Open Mind Audio

Three-word review: "This movie stinks."

amicusterrae

Another contender:
p18702_v_v8_aa.jpg

Rutger Hauer made several poor movies, and this is the absolute worst one I've seen. Unbelievably bad.
Hauer's low-point vehicles remind me of several weak Charles Bronson movies, like The Evil that Men Do.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

nerdstrike

Starship Troopers 2 has got to deserve an honourable mention.

For artistic void, I nominate Don't Look Up as singularly unfunny and blatant in its critique of the cult of denialism.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Top Bottom