• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There's lots of really awful movies out there that are sort of obvious choices here (such as Plan 9 From outer Space for instance), but for me, there's a couple movies that I've seen over the years that sort of stood out as being just so boring, derivative and just completely bland but also had some big names and actual "real film" production behind them.

this one...

and this one...
zkaBgeuumIb0jy4gll_a5bxOC5q7YjCo0PjfFTouiO7LXJoPRBFiGHSsGAg5yOruTf0

just utterly, annoyingly forgettable movies. Air America had the added unlikeable quality of trying to capture a bit of the Good Morning Vietnam vibe. Gibson's character was just so stupid and ridiculous.

lol...just looking at those images causes an almost existential boredom within me!
From what I have read in books about Air America, Gibson's character was probably more or less accurate for lots of those pilots. If anything, some of the crazier and stupider things they left out. That whole operation was rather ridiculous. I do agree about the half hearted Good Morning Vietnam vibe.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
From what I have read in books about Air America, Gibson's character was probably more or less accurate for lots of those pilots. If anything, some of the crazier and stupider things they left out. That whole operation was rather ridiculous. I do agree about the half hearted Good Morning Vietnam vibe.
all I remember from the entire movie was a scene with him piloting a plane in difficult circumstances and leaving the controls to go to the back and color in a children's coloring book for a while. It was just such a stupid "wow look at how wild and crazy this guy is" moment that I almost bailed at that point. I should have, because when I left the theatre after the movie I discovered I'd gotten a parking ticket on top of wasting 2 hours! lol

Andysu

Major Contributor
bad boys 3 such a slapper rubbish dumpster fire movie and the dtsx Liemax worst sound i listened to in 36 years
height 2 was only used and so poorly mixed with bad overhead sound continuity , i switched it off , ejected and threw it , where crap goes in the cat litter box
217367209_10159288489055149_8148488743477960434_n.jpg

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Daniel, der Zauberer. 1,2 @ imdb

It is a "music film" starring a german singer who gained some fame because of his participation in reality shows. Sadly he died a few years ago in a very sad way. Tragic person.

Here a commented version from a german tv show called "the worst movies of all time":

Andysu

Major Contributor
while boycotting star wars last jedi or was it rise of dumpster , disney kk , jar jar abrams lens flare , bob iger dumpster star wars trash , i bought , the fat black pussy cat , dvd , best worst movie i ever watched and in mono mix .

if this was 36 years ago i would be all over these dumpster worst fire movies like no other , cgi and atmos makes movies dumpster fire woke today

GrumpE1

It's been mentioned already, but Vanilla Sky is at the top of my worst movie list. There's no shortage of bad movies, but that one left me upset at having not walked away from it. I kept waiting for it to recover, but the downward slide continued. With the quality of the cast and production, it shouldn't have been so bad as it was. On the other hand, one of my coworkers loved it... go figure

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's been mentioned already, but Vanilla Sky is at the top of my worst movie list. There's no shortage of bad movies, but that one left me upset at having not walked away from it. I kept waiting for it to recover, but the downward slide continued. With the quality of the cast and production, it shouldn't have been so bad as it was. On the other hand, one of my coworkers loved it... go figure
I loved it. I can see why it isn't everyone's cup of tea. But it isn't bad like some on the list in my opinion.

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1678519657652.jpeg

I cant believe the promos sucked me in. Sorry this was the swan song of Ray Liotta, he did not deserve that...

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Rutger Hauer made several poor movies, and this is the absolute worst one I've seen. Unbelievably bad.
Hauer's low-point vehicles remind me of several weak Charles Bronson movies, like The Evil that Men Do.
Rutger Hauer gets a free pass on his movie career thanks to completely kicking ass in The Hitcher :cool: He was essentially a human version of the Terminator. The finger fries scene in the truckstop is still one of my all-time favorites. Reminds me -- my son has not seen this movie; I need to find it online and watch it with him. :D

jsilvela

A movie that was a critic and audience darling when it came out and where I almost walked out of the movie theater

And it's a shame because the actors are good. But, so much sugar.

More recently ... I don't get how people liked Everything Everywhere All at Once. Gave it 80 minutes, did not care to finish.

RosalieTheDog

While I wouldn't call EEAatO (or however you abbreviate it) the "worst", I agree it's pretty bad and annoying (made worse by the critical acclaim). Particularly couldn't stand its "sense of humor".

The worst movie I've seen is David Lynch's Dune. I usually like Lynch (Mulholland Dr. is one of my favorites) and can appreciate clunky sci-fi of the Terry Gilliam variety. But Dune ... so much exposition and still couldn't understand the story at all, so much ridiculous stuff taking itself too seriously, ...

jsilvela

The worst movie I've seen is David Lynch's Dune. I usually like Lynch (Mulholland Dr. is one of my favorites) and can appreciate clunky sci-fi of the Terry Gilliam variety. But Dune ... so much exposition and still couldn't understand the story at all, so much ridiculous stuff taking itself too seriously, ...
hahaha ... Noooo!
You're tearing me apart! :p

Dune has a small but loyal fan base, and I'm one of them. It's definitely a "failed" movie; the narrative thread which is obscure but exists in Mulholland Drive, is at points non-existent in Dune. But it's such an aesthetic experience.
The Denis Villeneuve adaptation is a better movie from the narrative point of view, but misses the nuggets of divine inspiration from Lynch. My 0.02 euros :)

Dismayed

Meet the Fokkers was awful. I walked out of the theater after 10 minutes. I didn’t like The Madk, either.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i think you cheat if you list stuff from stephen seagal or late bruce willis or any cheapo sequals... eg. I love starship troopers so i watched troopers 2/3 back to back just to experience the horror of a straight to dvd shit

what i found most disappointing is when a movie star obviously did a great movie and then it all fell down into a heap due to all kinds of circumstances

I quite like Underseige 1 and 2 and of course Bruce Willis has a heap of good movies... and one of my favorite movies is "Basic Instinct" and for these kinds of folks they hit that incredible high just to have that inevitable slide into sub mediocrity... admittedly Willis is battling against time to earn as much money as possible.

One movie I cant ever watch again is Dustin Hoffman's "Death of a Salesman" - this was mandatory for school.

My vague memory is that it was a movie shot of a play... but it was dire... at least to the mind of a kid forced to read and watch this.... and had no idea of the underlying themes of the novel.

Top Bottom