• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Any of the following MGM made Agatha Christie films.

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple #1 "Murder She Said" (1961) (UK/MGM)

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple #2 "Murder At The Gallop" (1963) (UK/MGM)

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple #3: "Murder Most Foul" (1964) (UK/MGM)

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple #4: "Murder Ahoy" (1964) (UK/MGM)

Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple #5: "The Alphabet Murders" (1965) (UK/MGM)
Classic Christmas staple. The soundtrack alone should have garnered an Oscar...

Last edited:

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
May I please nominate 'The Adventures of Pluto Nash' ? How you can ruin a film with such a stellar cast and enormous budget is beyond me, but that one always comes to mind.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have to disagree re Interstellar--one of my favorite movies. But I also generally love Nolan's films, especially Dunkirk and Tenet.
'Dunkirk' an oddly uninvolving film but I thought it was okay for a low budget BBC co-production. Until I found out it wasn't and cost 100 million! Where did that go?

On the other hand the 1958 'Dunkirk' directed by Leslie Norman is a superb film made for a fraction of that budget and without any cartoony CGI.

They've got no idea these days, no idea at all.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
'Dunkirk' an oddly uninvolving film but I thought it was okay for a low budget BBC co-production. Until I found out it wasn't and cost 100 million! Where did that go?

On the other hand the 1958 'Dunkirk' directed by Leslie Norman is a superb film made for a fraction of that budget and without any cartoony CGI.

They've got no idea these days, no idea at all.
I wouldn't put Dunkirk anywhere near worst movie. I was baffled by the high acclaim it received. I thought it was a poor telling of the real event. I also agree the 1958 version was better. It was very odd how Chris Nolan managed to take all the life out of it almost. An uninvolving film where you wanted to care for some of the characters, but just really seemed to be watching an exposition of no purpose. Average documentaries are more entertaining.

posvibes

I have always struggled with the whole Star Wars thing right from the beginning. I really don't get the generational significance or it's longevity nor the reverential tone of its fans. Carrie Fisher aside Return of the Jedi is a dog's breakfast of a film. What I took to be the ironical homage to wooden acting and muppet like aliens from the B grade films of the 1950's held no irony at all it just stunk.

I haven't seen all of them and idea of watching them all is a daunting enterprise with no anticipated pleasure.

I really do not comprehend the success of franchises like Marvel and DC for mature adult audiences.

posvibes

Yeah, I thought so too, but there is an enormous effort being put into the validation of the heroes raison d'etre that usually involves some really dark, messed up back stories, real effort being put into providing psychological motivation usually to justify the kind of mayhem that results from their helping "mankind", whereby the eventual cure is worse than the actual crime. Perhaps that is the basis of a political subtext one can easily surmise represents our real world but this is not the place for that discussion at all.

Looking at the size, breadth, pervasiveness and money spent on franchises such as Star Wars, Marvel and D.C. I wonder how much escape is requried, no matter how oft repeated, trite and formulaic it is. I'm not anti "escapist", all film is escapist to various extent, world building, mythic etc, but it is an interesting topic as to why it is so successful.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Batman and Robin.

We paid good money in a Cinema, and we both (Mrs TC and I) walked out after 20 minutes. Never done that before or since.

You can close the thread now :cool:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only good Batman was Adam West. Still think that show was one of the best things ever done.

I liked the 1960s Spiderman cartoon too. But this modern superhero stuff is for the birds.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Batman and Robin.

We paid good money in a Cinema, and we both (Mrs TC and I) walked out after 20 minutes. Never done that before or since.

You can close the thread now :cool:
i saw at UCI cinemas tower park , screen 5 with dts with actual overhead surrounds . the movie was dreadfully beyond all worst movies of disbelief
and yes i do have it on r2 dvd
331929543_908557110336430_6383521772290034753_n.jpg

pderousse

You are all wrong. It is with a lot of reluctance that I post this, as I never wish IQ loss even on enemies. But if you must, I dare you to last through the first 10 min. Wookie dialog.

Andysu

Major Contributor
You are all wrong. It is with a lot of reluctance that I post this, as I never wish IQ loss even on enemies. But if you must, I dare you to last through the first 10 min. Wookie dialog.
i wouldn't even put that holiday star wars into a dog cat rescue shelter

pderousse

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
There's lots of really awful movies out there that are sort of obvious choices here (such as Plan 9 From outer Space for instance), but for me, there's a couple movies that I've seen over the years that sort of stood out as being just so boring, derivative and just completely bland but also had some big names and actual "real film" production behind them.

this one...
MV5BMTU3MjE0MTgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODMzNjA5._V1_.jpg

and this one...
zkaBgeuumIb0jy4gll_a5bxOC5q7YjCo0PjfFTouiO7LXJoPRBFiGHSsGAg5yOruTf0

just utterly, annoyingly forgettable movies. Air America had the added unlikeable quality of trying to capture a bit of the Good Morning Vietnam vibe. Gibson's character was just so stupid and ridiculous.

lol...just looking at those images causes an almost existential boredom within me!

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
2014 saw this garbage dumpster fire . avpr : aliens vs predator - requiem (2007) worst fxxxxxx film I have seen
1891455_10152249051545149_2086363320_o.jpg

Top Bottom