• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping A90 Headphone Amp

YSC

Major Contributor
Opamps
Customized rotary pot
I can't comment on pricing yet
Nice, as long as it get this much power this clean it’s an achievement! But any chance we can have option for stepped attenuators as option?

netcipher

Woo that’s an insane result! Any idea if it’s a op amp design or discrete? Really wonders how can they achieve that, any idea on potentiometer type/quality and pricing in final product?
Price : A90 -> <= THX887 < D90
Schematic : composite amplifier with (discrete output or parallel OPA) + feedforward NB.

TimF

Forum Donor
Is this product meant to be fully usable as a preamp in my main audio system thereby a possible credible replacement for my Bel Canto Pre3? That is, it competes with the so-called big boys?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Is this product meant to be fully usable as a preamp in my main audio system thereby a possible credible replacement for my Bel Canto Pre3? That is, it competes with the so-called big boys?
It is. Just that it doesn't have a remote control so you have to adjust the knob. The noise and distortion performance are top notch.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Opamps :eek: Audiophile's worst nightmare.
OP amps have come a long way and there are now very specialized OP amps for various applications that are so well designed they beat out discreet circuitry.
magic.gif

Koeitje

Major Contributor
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Could you pls open the chassis?:D
Sorry I did not apply for permission to disassemble the device and publish internal photos ... I think the basic confidentiality of the prototype is reasonable ... so I did not try to do that at all.

Top Bottom