• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wolf's Measurements of Gustard A18 DAC

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Coming soon...
1.jpg

Optical? I don't use, but you never know.

MQA? HUGE no thanks!

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are they going to add the MQA $100 fee to the price of the unit, like the SU-9, D90 MQA and M400 dacs, :eek::D. I will be happy when MQA is retired.

Probably.

MQA is a total and complete nonsense (even more on a hi-end audio quality product).

Too bad somes are buying that crap.

Viper Necklampy

Sounds like a job for the SPDIF ipurifier from ifi. It will convert the toslink to coax, or vice versa. Reclocking/regenerating along the way.
Will Ifi Purifier or similiar products make a better job for me that mostly use Playstation 3 for listening music with CD's and gaming, and Ps4 Pro for gaming and entertainment? Playstation 5 unfortunately will not have Optical output, but maybe newer versions will have.
Ifi Purifier simply works output the Optical audio by Ps4 for example, into Ifi will reclock etc. and will output a Coaxial transmission into the Dac? Will it be better than just Ps4 into Dac via Optical? Looks like Ps5 and Gustard A18 can't never be friends D:

nj75f

A new version with optical out (good to have for televisions and consoles).
Very nice, waited for this, though I don't like and don't want to use MQA too and thus pay a hefty price incraase for that : /

@Gradius
Do you know how to contact the employee of gustard outside of that e-mail address [email protected]?

@WolfX-700
Can you please tell what the xlr and rca input and output impedance is?
I don't fully understand the last picture of the measurement ^^
The topping A90 has a xlr input impedance of 2k Ohm. Amirm says a 10:1 ratio is fine.
A good pairing?

And: What settings to set the channel to 4 and 5 V?
Thanks!

Ddd

A new version with optical out (good to have for televisions and consoles).
Very nice, waited for this, though I don't like and don't want to use MQA too and thus pay a hefty price incraase for that : /

@Gradius
Do you know how to contact the employee of gustard outside of that e-mail address [email protected]?

@WolfX-700
Can you please tell what the xlr and rca input and output impedance is?
I don't fully understand the last picture of the measurement ^^
The topping A90 has a xlr input impedance of 2k Ohm. Amirm says a 10:1 ratio is fine.
A good pairing?

And: What settings to set the channel to 4 and 5 V?
Thanks!
The output impedance of the XLR output is mentioned in the manual if I'm not wrong.

-2dB 5V
-4dB 4V

pimy

Gustard A18

Analog output performance:

Amplitude frequency response:20-20kHz /+-0.6dB
DNR: >124dB
Crosstalk:-129dB @ 1kHz
THD+N:<0.00015% 1kHz
IMD:<0.0008%@-3dBFs
RCA Output level:3Vrms (VOLUME 00dB)
Output impedance 100 ohms
XLR Output level:6.0Vrms (VOLUME 00dB)

Oklei

Forum Donor
RCA Output level:3Vrms (VOLUME 00dB)
XLR Output level:6.0Vrms (VOLUME 00dB)
Output impedance the same for balanced and se? Suspicious.

Hemi-Demon

How come Wolf has not posted any new updates? Hope he is okay. I miss the reviews on all the cool new unreleased products.

Top Bottom