• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rotel DT-6000 Review & Measurements (CD Player / DAC)

I just got my DT6000, wanted to know from owners, when you put the unit in standby by pressing power off from the remote. The unit goes to standby but the power led remains blue in color & not red like most av equipment. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Neric

I just got my DT6000, wanted to know from owners, when you put the unit in standby by pressing power off from the remote. The unit goes to standby but the power led remains blue in color & not red like most av equipment. Is this normal?

Thanks.
All my rotel units act the same way if i turn off with the remote. So I'd say it's normal.

All my rotel units act the same way if i turn off with the remote. So I'd say it's normal.
Kool thanks for the info, my previous Rotel T14 streamer use to show Red color power led for standby. So was wondering what i missed.

Neric

1.04 version is available on Rotel's site. I tried putting it on usb and doing the software update but it stoped at 83%, So I pulled out my usb to comm cable and it worked fine.

1.04 version is available on Rotel's site. I tried putting it on usb and doing the software update but it stoped at 83%, So I pulled out my usb to comm cable and it worked fine.
Weird, i m still on the earlier version that came with my DT6000, not going to update it unless i notice a bug.

Alex P

Which firmware version is displayed after installing the software update?

Alex P

Hello! I have updated the software to version 1.04. I noticed the following change - the crackling disappeared when the DT-6000 is in CD mode with the tray closed. Crackling at high frequencies was audible at high volume of the amplifier. When I installed the software version 1.03 again, the crackling returned. I have not noticed any changes in the sound yet compared to the software version 1.04.

Alex P

A small addition. After installing the software update version 1.04, high-frequency noise appeared. The noise is periodically heard in the acoustics, then in the right, then in the left channel. The noise is heard when the CD player is in "Stop" mode with the volume of the amplifier high. In general, a failed software update. I do not recommend installing it. I have returned version 1.03.

Neric

Which firmware version is displayed after installing the software update?
Main version is V1.04

A small addition. After installing the software update version 1.04, high-frequency noise appeared. The noise is periodically heard in the acoustics, then in the right, then in the left channel. The noise is heard when the CD player is in "Stop" mode with the volume of the amplifier high. In general, a failed software update. I do not recommend installing it. I have returned version 1.03.

I just tried this - cd in drive, stopped and maxed out preamp, no sounds. How high is high?

Alex P

Main version is V1.04

I just tried this - cd in drive, stopped and maxed out preamp, no sounds. How high is high?
If you've ever owned a tube or hybrid amplifier, the noise will be similar to that of a faulty tube. The noise rises and falls. Or it doesn't exist at all. Strange effect. The noise is heard after every software update to version 1.04 and only when the DT-6000 is in CD mode. I installed the software update version 1.04 twice. Maybe this weekend I'll try installing version 1.04 again. I will be monitoring the final results more closely.

Neric

If you've ever owned a tube or hybrid amplifier, the noise will be similar to that of a faulty tube. The noise rises and falls. Or it doesn't exist at all. Strange effect. The noise is heard after every software update to version 1.04 and only when the DT-6000 is in CD mode. I installed the software update version 1.04 twice. Maybe this weekend I'll try installing version 1.04 again. I will be monitoring the final results more closely.
OK I have listened to CDs a few times since I went to 1.04, no issues what so ever. How did you update? Using a usb to comm cable or with a usb stick? I used the cable after the USB one failed.

Alex P

OK I have listened to CDs a few times since I went to 1.04, no issues what so ever. How did you update? Using a usb to comm cable or with a usb stick? I used the cable after the USB one failed.
I used a USB stick and the "Software Update" option in the DT-6000 menu.

Alex P

So. I decided not to wait for the weekend. I poured myself a beer and today I conducted another experiment with software version 1.04. Well... History repeated itself with noise in CD mode. I even recorded these sounds on my phone. Unfortunately, this audio file cannot be posted on this forum, but the noise in the recording is clearly audible. I recorded at a distance of 1...2 centimeters from the tweeter of the speaker system. The volume level on the Yamaha A-S1200 amplifier was set to approximately 2/3 of maximum. In general, I returned the software version 1.03 again.

I am still on the firmware that came with my DT6000, i think it's v1.02. I still haven't updated it as got the player only few months back.
Won't do it now after reading about these issues.
@Alex P You should contact Rotel Support & see what they say about the issue you are having.

Alex P

I am still on the firmware that came with my DT6000, i think it's v1.02. I still haven't updated it as got the player only few months back.
And it is right.

I would still return to software version 1.02, but unfortunately it is no longer available. Only 1.03 available.
We'll wait for the next update. I hope the guys from Rotel will “bring” the software back to normal. Of course, I will write to technical support about my observations. Maybe this will help.

And it is right.

I would still return to software version 1.02, but unfortunately it is no longer available. Only 1.03 available.
We'll wait for the next update. I hope the guys from Rotel will “bring” the software back to normal. Of course, I will write to technical support about my observations. Maybe this will help.
I see only the 1.04 version for download now & not 1.03 version. I just got a Bluesound node x & it's connected to the DT6000 through usb, i noticed a bug as sometimes the bit rate will not be displayed on the DT6000 unless i pause the track & resume. This issue wasn't there on my previous streamer. Dunno if the latest firmware update will solve this.

Alex P

I see only the 1.04 version for download now & not 1.03 version. I just got a Bluesound node x & it's connected to the DT6000 through usb, i noticed a bug as sometimes the bit rate will not be displayed on the DT6000 unless i pause the track & resume. This issue wasn't there on my previous streamer. Dunno if the latest firmware update will solve this.
Yes, currently only software version 1.04 is available on the official Rotel website. I have version 1.03 in the archive on my PC.
As for the operation of the DT-6000 via USB. I did not notice any problems with playback through the specified connection. The bitrate is displayed correctly in both software versions 1.03 and 1.04.
To play music I use an MSI nettop with a Pentium N5000 processor connected to the DT-6000 via a USB PC. And JRiver software player for Windows to play music in FLAC and DSD formats.

Neric

Yes, currently only software version 1.04 is available on the official Rotel website. I have version 1.03 in the archive on my PC.
As for the operation of the DT-6000 via USB. I did not notice any problems with playback through the specified connection. The bitrate is displayed correctly in both software versions 1.03 and 1.04.
To play music I use an MSI nettop with a Pentium N5000 processor connected to the DT-6000 via a USB PC. And JRiver software player for Windows to play music in FLAC and DSD formats.

Another data point: I use optical connection and the bit rate is correctly shown on 1.04. I've tried USB but I prefer optical and I notice no difference in SQ.

Top Bottom