• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wolf's Measurements of Gustard A18 DAC

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a feeling that Gustard is now price competing with Topping. the X-26 is "sold out" at Shenzen and X-22 seems to replace it. Does Gustard have a web site ?

It's on the back of their devices:
Rear.jpg

www.gustard.cn

It looks like it has not yet been utilized.

Martin

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quite difficult to find the answers for you, finally got response from Mr. Huang the owner ten minutes ago:
- Gustard will establish website by this yearend.
- Gustard online store address: https://gustard.taobao.com/
- email address: [email protected]
Tel:18682080102 (for mandarin only)
Wechat:18682080102

This is ALL.

I have yet to figure out how to buy anything on Taobao. The hoops one must jump through using proxy buyers and drop shippers is unattenable.

Martin

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Taobao worries me a bit.
A Gustard A-22 with BT ? I think it's a prototype .
Hard to understand and to trust ... Sorry Mr. Huang.
A more direct contact or website or else whould help the confidence and the technical assistance.

Attachments

• Gustard A-22U BT.jpg
    Gustard A-22U BT.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 214

james_0075

Huang does not suggest to buy from TB directly, as 1)They do not speak English. 2) You have to pay by Alipay. And recently due to COVID-19, shipping delayed a lot, but now it is improving.

james_0075

Gustard also has a FB page, but stopped at two years ago. So, let's see if any improvement occurs this year end.

gto88

Thanks for the email address, it is the only information I found so far for their contact.
I sent a complain about A18 has no power on/off on remote controller.
The power switch in the back is really back idea, and they claim its remote as "full function"

james_0075

You mean your A18 runs well, but you would like them adding a power button on remote control in future production? Or they need to amend manual to indicate remote works as full function except power switch on / off? Or move the power switch from back to front and also let remote has this function?

gto88

Yes, the A18 runs well, and sound good, but with the switch in the back and remote doesn't work for power on/off
is really a bad design practice.
My sabaj D5 has main switch in the back and also power button at front panel and its remote can turn it on/off.
There is no next generation for this thing, tech is evolving too fast.
I only hope that they can make remote work for on/off function, through firmware update if possible.

TXinD76121

People in the other forums [are confused]. They saw his early measurements, and then went on a rant about me and hence the results being useless. :) I also got manufacturer questions asking me about them. Since I did not make the measurements, it put me in a difficult spot to explain.

I've been writing on the web since 2002 and for magazines since 1988. My experience over many years is that readers don't pay attention to bylines. I can put up a guest post on my site with the author's name in two places, the one at the top in bold type with "Written by" in front of it, and readers will still assume I wrote it. There's not a lot that can be done about this...it's in the nature of the beast.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Maybe a big banner at the top for reviews not done by Amir and promoted to the front page. Good thing Wolf now adds various watermarks in the images posted as well as little cute figurines in place of the pink panther(s).

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, the A18 runs well, and sound good, but with the switch in the back and remote doesn't work for power on/off
is really a bad design practice.
My sabaj D5 has main switch in the back and also power button at front panel and its remote can turn it on/off.
There is no next generation for this thing, tech is evolving too fast.
I only hope that they can make remote work for on/off function, through firmware update if possible.

My (very) old Wadia 12, doesn't have any power buttom on the front at all. I keep it on since ... more than 20 years continuesly and never had/have the slightest issue at all !

Attachments

• W12, EAD T1000, A22.jpg
    W12, EAD T1000, A22.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 197

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, strange. I wonder how many versions the A22 has ? The A22 I'm testing has USB & BT . No news about MQA (but who cares).

Top Bottom