• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will consumers buy the Dutch & Dutch 8C?

Wombat

Master Contributor
@Purité Audio ,

You wrote:

«An engineer I spoke to recently opined that companies such as ATC had ‘lost’ the pro market , hence their marketing push towards the Hi-End».

Why do you continue talking negatively about your previous business partners? Do you have proof that ATC and others are losing it?

And FWIW, last I checked Dutch & Dutch’s web page I only saw photos of high end domestic use situations.

View attachment 30102

There are all those modern hard surfaces, again. Floors, walls and windows.

Do many listeners sit so close in their living rooms?

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, the D&D has near perfect scientific measurements both on and off-axis, are genuinely full range with controlled dispersion over the whole possible range, are time/phase-corrected and are designed to be placed near a wall. They also have sub-integration controls and 5 times the amount of PEQ bands of a separate Minidsp included in its software.

This community should be raving to everyone about this product because it's essentially perfect within the confines of a mass-market product (ease of use, size, looks).
Anything less than that would be silly coming from a community that claims 'science' as the prime motivator.

Right now, there's nothing out there to better the D&D in outright performance without abandoning the same constraints. Concerns about reliability are valid, but so far unfounded. Concerns about prize are irrelevant because this level of performance is as good as it gets within the approx. same constraints no matter the prize.

I wish Dutch & Dutch all the best and hope they survive to prosper and deliver many more products of all sizes and prize points, because being so dedicated to deliver the scientifically best possible product they can should be celebrated and applauded, especially here.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
@Purité Audio ,

You wrote:

«An engineer I spoke to recently opined that companies such as ATC had ‘lost’ the pro market , hence their marketing push towards the Hi-End».

Why do you continue talking negatively about your previous business partners? Do you have proof that ATC and others are losing it?

And FWIW, last I checked Dutch & Dutch’s web page I only saw photos of high end domestic use situations.

View attachment 30102
@Purité Audio ,

You wrote:

View attachment 30102
Svarty I am just relaying what was told to me, an engineer opined that ATC we’re losing the ‘pro’ market because of their reluctance to innovate .
I am not being ‘negative’ it is plain that ATC prefer , for whatever reasons to manufacturer their traditional range of loudspeakers.
Perhaps they wish to be the last traditional analogue only loudspeaker manufacturer, who knows ask them.
Keith

Wombat

Master Contributor
Svarty I am just relaying what was told to me, an engineer opined that ATC we’re losing the ‘pro’ market because of their reluctance to innovate .
I am not being ‘negative’ it is plain that ATC prefer , for whatever reasons to manufacturer their traditional range of loudspeakers.
Perhaps they wish to be the last traditional analogue only loudspeaker manufacturer, who knows ask them.
Keith

A sample of one.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I suppose the 8Cs have been involved in some 5-8 pro ‘shootouts’ with other loudspeakers, engineers value being able to compare one monitor directly with their current incumbent.
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
There are all those modern hard surfaces, again. Floors, walls and windows.

Do many listeners sit so close in their living rooms?

He's a hipster millennial holding Michael Jackson's thriller on vinyl just pretending to listen, as there are no power or LAN cables connecting his D&D speakers together, or to the preamp and turntable he doesn't even own.

Here he is again with his wireless speakers:

clown.JPG

He can't afford much furniture other than a few Ikea tables, a festering old bedside table and a mangy plant after splashing out on the 8Cs.

Reminds me of this, except Jobs had better taste.

jobs-final.jpg

I remember we had this discussion once before didn't we?

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To put the price of these things into perspective, another thread is discussing Amir's review of a 13,000 Euro DAC which is 13,000 Euros worth of crap and which fails to do what an Apple USB dongle can do for the price of a sandwich. At least these are £9,000 of excellent engineering and performance for those with a lot of money and a desire for high end performance.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Martijn not sure he is a hipster, a very nice guy though.
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Martijn not sure he is a hipster, a very nice guy though.

His real speakers are hidden behind the couch- and probably actually hooked up...

1564139210725.png

The others must be just for show and for guests to knock over. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Here he is again with his wireless speakers:
What the hell is that cloud thing hanging over his head?
Is he trying to figure out why the heck he bought these speakers. LOL

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You realise that is Martijn Mensink , I suspect he may be beginning to regret those photographs!
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
You realise that is Martijn Mensink , I suspect he may be beginning to regret those photographs!

Nah, he's got way more publicity and discussion on his speakers than if he'd just put some really hot Scandinavian supermodel lounging around, half dressed, with a wistful look in her eyes. I do know which imagery might actually 'sell' more speakers however... :)

Ah, it just dawned on me. 8C. Next model will be a 10D, then a 12DD maybe?

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Bit weird he's hung his grandma's underpants from the ceiling... Must be a Scandinavian thing.

I nearly spat out my mouthful of red wine laughing, but thought better of wasting it on my monitor..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom