• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

StaresyJ

Received Pro, ordered from wiim US amazon store to UK as out of stock this side. Love it especially for Amazon music, on that front wiim app plays UHD content flawlessly but UI not as good as android app. Can use Amazon app but only goes to cd quality when selecting Pro as output device, searched online and this seems limit, does anyone know differently?
Welcome to the dark side of UK audio enthusiasts ordering from US Amazon to get the Wiim Pro in our hands early! Bought mine in December cost about an extra £20 for shipping but worth the investment over the wait. I have not tried streaming Amazon HD because I have active Qobuz and Tidal subscriptions and having all 3 seems a bit of overkill.

elmoe420

While the basic Alexa Multimedia integration works well, I'm not seeing the WiiM Pro under 'Active Media List' in the Alexa Android app or on Echo devices.

This is awkward because even though the voice UI 'knows' to use the WiiM Pro as the default speaker, other parts of the GUI (e.g. Now Playing) display nothing.

In the WiiM Android app all works as you'd expect with both the Alexa and Amazon Music icons showing etc.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Overseas

Major Contributor
What about 'Audio calibration for audio delay'? When is it to be used, strictly for AV? Can it be skipped if it just streaming music?

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What about 'Audio calibration for audio delay'? When is it to be used, strictly for AV? Can it be skipped if it just streaming music?
Different DACs and AVRs have varying latencies. Audio calibration uses the microphones to determine actual latencies and synchronizes playback between multiple devices.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Different DACs and AVRs have varying latencies. Audio calibration uses the microphones to determine actual latencies and synchronizes playback between multiple devices.
Great answer and - I suspect - correct (joke).
Do you have a yes/no answer for a simple question: do I care about this latency calibration if I only stream Spotify via WIFI?!

Joffy1780

Great answer and - I suspect - correct (joke).
Do you have a yes/no answer for a simple question: do I care about this latency calibration if I only stream Spotify via WIFI?!
Did you even read the answer? It is only important if you want to link multiple devices.

Joffy1780

morillon

Major Contributor
gives a little to think that planned for a usb media ..
but necessarily leaves some valuable options to their oem customers
it seems logical
;-)
(just as wiim may believe that the efforts concerning the audio part will concern their customers"oem" rather "audiophile" "hifi" oriented ..... and this concentrates the software aspects of support for streaming or interface etc.. logic there too)
"chacun sa place"
can be one of the chinese dac manufacturers highlighted here will integrate this latest linkplay module, just ethernet input, to make a racing" wiim pro"
;-)

Last edited:

Romario

Maybe I'm late to the party, but the wiim app can be used ( is recommended by the supplier) for the Edifier s1000w ( where w stands for wifi) active desktop speakers.( 300 - 400 Euro)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PXL_20230211_235828161.NIGHT_2.jpg

WiiM Pro on the bench...

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please don't fail it for its (current) lack of Roon support, lol.
The Roon Ready update is still planned for the 15th of February, according to their roadmap. I will post my review soon after that. But, if the ETA is delayed for some reason, I will publish anyway. I've already got enough possibilities to measure its performance as a streamer (Chromecast, WiiM app) and as a DAC (S/PDIF input).

Joffy1780

The Roon Ready update is still planned for the 15th of February, according to their roadmap. I will post my review soon after that. But, if the ETA is delayed for some reason, I will publish anyway. I've already got enough possibilities to measure its performance as a streamer (Chromecast, WiiM app) and as a DAC (S/PDIF input).
Last update from Wiim on their forum I remember seeing said late Q1, possibly early Q2. So it is being pushed back a little later, I assume

Joffy1780

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have they rolled out the PEQ update for Pro yet do you know? And if so, how many bands? I fear they may start with only 3 on the mini and the pro then maybe expand the Pro.

Joffy1780

darrylhopkins

Can anyone speak to the analog to digital conversion quality of the Pro when you connect a preamp out into the Pro’s RCA “line in” inputs?

I would like to play a record on my turntable into my vintage preamp, connect one of the preamp line out to the Pro via RCA stereo interconnects into the Pro’s line in, and have that Pro stream the signal into another networked Pro in a different room.

Reason for all this is I have two separate music systems in two rooms, but only one turntable. I’d like to play a record in system A and listen in system B. Hoping that two WiiM Pros might be an economical and pragmatic solution.

I don’t have an outboard A/D converter so I’m wondering if the Pro’s is adequate.

Top Bottom