• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why so little discussion of Austrian Audio?

subframe

Given the company’s history I would expect to see fairly regular discussion of their headphones, but they don’t come up much. Strangely, Crinacle hasn’t measured them either. Why don’t they get much attention?

LearningToSmile

Their initial effort with X55 wasn't great, then they released some other stuff that was better but never really caught a buzz, maybe because people wrote them off or there was no novelty anymore. Personally I'd love to hear X60 someday when I get a chance.
But recently since they've ventured into high end stuff with The Composer and their amp and I think they're getting some attention again. Not my price range and not my cup of tea from seeing the graphs, however.
Oratory has graphs for most of their higher end stuff. No idea about X50 and below.

OP
S

subframe

I had missed Oratory’s Hi-X60 measurements, thanks for pointing those out. Other than a fixable bump at 6k, they look pretty good. Better than a fair number of other decently well-respected headphones. Distortion is low.

Given that they seem to have a reputation for good build quality, I may have to give them a try next to my SRH1540s. Maybe even add the Ollo S4R and have a little headphone shootout party.

OP
S

subframe

@Rayman30 the Noire have caught my eye as well, but I need the ability to use without a headphone amp fairly often, and the Noire’s reputation for being hard to drive has scared me off a little. Interesting to hear you’ve found the Austrians to play in the same league.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Given the company’s history I would expect to see fairly regular discussion of their headphones, but they don’t come up much. Strangely, Crinacle hasn’t measured them either. Why don’t they get much attention?
Well, I have one of their headphones. Not for listening to music but for my Tinnitus treatment Lanire! It is a very comfortable bluetooth headphone but the folding mechanism keeps pinching my palm. :( When I am done with the treatment, I will see if I can measure it.

OP
S

subframe

Well, I have one of their headphones. Not for listening to music but for my Tinnitus treatment Lanire! It is a very comfortable bluetooth headphone but the folding mechanism keeps pinching my palm. :( When I am done with the treatment, I will see if I can measure it.
Too bad about the pinching! That kind of thing is really annoying. Measurements would be interesting; if I do end up with a pair of the Hi-x60, I’ll submit them for measurements.

Top Bottom