• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thank you for your impressions. Nicely done!
What i don't understand is that you say it goes deeper in the bass. How is this possible? I saw Amir's review of the Aiyima A07 and it goes down to 10hz just like it should. How can this amp go deeper? Do you mean that it sounds deeper? Or does it play louder in the low bass region?

I am sorry, try to express my feeling in fact. I am French lol )
To be more precise, the bass is much rounder and deeper than on the A07 which I also own and than most of the other "Chinese" that I tested.
" play louder in the low bass region" seems to be the right words in English )

daniboun

Major Contributor
It seems to me our eyes are disposed horizontally.

Are you sure your speakers are in their best location?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean ...but checkout :

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not sure I understand what you mean ...but checkout :

Not sure how far the left wall is but right one being just adjacent to the wall, does it not get boomy?
Do you use room correction DSP?

ModDIY

Thanks for the review and video!

I'm waiting for mine.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Not sure how far the left wall is but right one being just adjacent to the wall, does it not get boomy?
Do you use room correction DSP?

I don't use any DSP, just have a Double AK4497 DAC.
I agree, ideally: my speakers could be placed better but I am constrained by the configuration of my living room. I listen at moderate volume and I am rather happy with the result) But yes: we can always do better.

daniboun

Major Contributor

I own the first version (Stéréo) with good Panasonic caps. The fact is that in their new version, to cut costs, they replaced the Panasonic FC powers caps by ceramic ones... The race for profit, what a pity ! I also update the OP Amps > 4x OPA1656 (2X for the tone control + 2x for the Amplifier).

checkout (1st version) :

Last edited:

Guddu

I agree, ideally: my speakers could be placed better but I am constrained by the configuration of my living room. I listen at moderate volume and I am rather happy with the result) But yes: we can always do better.

@daniboun
You have been experimenting with TPA3255 a lot, have you tried 3e Audio TPA3255 stereo amp as well? That one comes with internal integrated PSU.

daniboun

Major Contributor
@daniboun
You have been experimenting with TPA3255 a lot, have you tried 3e Audio TPA3255 stereo amp as well? That one comes with internal integrated PSU.

Yes, I own many TPA3255, including the 3E Audio : RTR module + finished amp.
Not my favorite one..... I update the OP amps inside > OPA1656

I think the Chinese industry is making economies of scale) especially on the quality of capacitors which are being replaced more and more by poor quality caps....

This is the 8 ohms version (39>44V PSU)

Guddu

Yes, I own many TPA3255, including the 3E Audio : RTR module + finished amp.
Not my favorite one..... I update the OP amps inside > OPA1656

I think the Chinese industry is making economies of scale) especially on the quality of capacitors which are being replaced more and more by poor quality caps....

This is the 8 ohms version (39>44V PSU)

How do you like it compared to Aiyima A07?

5W SINAD of 3e Audio finished amp is slightly lower than that of A07 on Amirm's measurements. May be this much difference isn't significant but do you mind sharing your assessment?
3e amplifier has DSP/ADC/DAC in the path.

1612507761731.png

daniboun

Major Contributor
How do you like it compared to Aiyima A07?

5W SINAD of 3e Audio finished amp is slightly lower than that of A07 on Amirm's measurements. May be this much difference isn't significant but do you mind sharing your assessment?
3e amplifier has DSP/ADC/DAC in the path.

View attachment 110671

I saw the ASR review of the A07, really interesting.
I don't have the necessary equipment to measure, I'm just a passionate, I share my feedback. Since I have lots of TPA325X module (from high-end, Jlester / DrMordor etc to low-end models I try to help the community as best I can.

if You need my opinion about all the modules I own : I Can help ) I Can share measurements related to Jlester and the next Allo TPA3255 modules as well. I also have some Purifi and Hypex Ncore amps to compare ;-)

Last edited:

kawa

Hi. I bought a dual TPA3255 2.1 BRZHIFI amplifier, do you have any opinions on a passive subwoofer to pair? I will use this amplifier mainly with the lonpoo lp42

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi. I bought a dual TPA3255 2.1 BRZHIFI amplifier, do you have any opinions on a passive subwoofer to pair? I will use this amplifier mainly with the lonpoo lp42

Good question, no idea since I just use floor speakers )

kawa

From the datasheet I really like the TPA3255 and I think it has great potential, I would have also liked a configuration similar to Fosi da2021c or Loxjie d30 but I have not found anything more advanced than BRZHIFI on prices of 200 $

daniboun

Major Contributor
From the datasheet I really like the TPA3255 and I think it has great potential, I would have also liked a configuration similar to Fosi da2021c or Loxjie d30 but I have not found anything more advanced than BRZHIFI on prices of 200 $

The Tpa325X chips have a huge potential. This has been discussed many pages back.... With a good implementation you can get Amazing results. Just take a look at the measurements I shared for the next Allo Tpa3255 and you will understand ;-)

For under 200 see my last project : it sounds really great

DuncanTodd

Aren't they front ported? From the little I understand that makes it less important to keep them away from the wall.
I'm curious, with all these many amps., do you have one that is your go-to-perm-amp or you're switching between them all the time?

kawa

The Tpa325X chips have a huge potential. This has been discussed many pages back.... With a good implementation you can get Amazing results. Just take a look at the measurements I shared for the next Allo Tpa3255 and you will understand ;-)

For under 200 see my last project : it sounds really great

I like this this solution

Top Bottom