• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

daniboun

Major Contributor
Aren't they front ported? From the little I understand that makes it less important to keep them away from the wall.
I'm curious, with all these many amps., do you have one that is your go-to-perm-amp or you're switching between them all the time?

I love to switch, to discover, to test....
I'll probably keep my Purifi amp if I'm convinced by the new Buffer I'm expecting from Italy

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

I made up my mind to leave a copy of my Shui Yuan TPA3255 + my Jlester TPA3255 amp to an Audiophile friend. I wanted to have an opinion other than mine regarding this new module.

His setup :

Atoll HD100 preamp tweaked version
Cabasse Sloop M2 speakers (94,5DB / 100W)
Source : Chromecast (flac Playlist)
optical cable connection

My setup :
Double DAC AK4497 with OPA1656 / OPA1611
High end 2.5 Floor Speakers with Ribbon Tweeter (93DB / 100W RMS)
Source : LGV30 + HD Audio playlist
Main connection : BT Aptx HD

Amplifiers :

Jlester TPA3255 + Genuine Muse 02 OP amps (see my review)
Shui Yuan TPA3255 with caps mods + OPA1656 (see my review)
Hypex Ncore NC500MP Dual Mono

As I am of French nationality, although I was born in Brazil, I did not want to distort his feedback, so please use Google Translate to keep the authenticity of his opinion :

"Je dirais que ce nouveau TPA3255 a un son très proche du JLESTER (ce qui ne devrait surprendre personne). On retrouve ce côté très neutre, très homogène, très propre, assez doux, avec des voix humaines qui se détachent bien du mix. Il a plus de puissance, ce qui se ressent dans le grave (plus de détails, surtout dans le bas et le medium grave), mais peut-être aussi dans le haut medium, qui sur mes enceintes prend un peu de dureté (mais c'est un défaut connu du haut parleur medium des Sloop). Scène et image sonore très comparable, avec des instruments très bien positionnés. Zero difficulté sur les passages complexes. Les timbres sont très bons, on entend bien les harmoniques dans les voix humaines.

De mémoire, je dirais aussi un peu moins nerveux dans le grave que l'hypex NC500MP, peut-être un poil moins détaillé, mais meilleur sur les voix. Un tantinet plus montant aussi peut-être, mais il faudrait confirmer.

En tous cas, très content de pouvoir faire des écoutes comparatives !!

Le boitier est très bien, très joli, et le côté compact est très sympa ! Je l'ai ouvert par curiosité, les finitions du boîtier super ! Pour l'instant, je n'ai pas constaté de montée en température notable."

I hope that this will help the DIY community to get a first idea of this Shui Yuan module which seems promising therefore) And since several opinions are better than two, I let future buyers share their opinion as well)

Benedium

Forum Donor
Is there a version that can suitably be used as power amplifier for my 3 LCR speakers connected to my denon x3600h?

Intend to run total of 9 speakers and worried the AVR power would then become insufficient to optimally drive my demanding DBR62 LCR speakers.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thanks I read already.
We see the Aiyima A07 performs better...

nerone

Hi daniboun, I'm still waiting for drMordor to send me his TPA3255, in the meantime I would like to buy another TPA3255.
I have already tried Ayima A07.
Any advice is welcome.

ironhorse128

Forum Donor
How to buy these opamps? At digikey there are so many versions of e.g. the OPA1612 (https://www.digikey.de/products/de?keywords=OPA1612 ).
1612616353016.png

Thanks in advance.

daniboun

Major Contributor

ironhorse128

Forum Donor

daniboun

Major Contributor
You re right... for me it is OK since I am living in France )
I mainly buy there or via Mouser.... So I can be sure to get genuine OP amps.

nerone

Do you consider A04 better than A07 but among all the TPA3255 tested by you which is the best?

DuncanTodd

Is there a version that can suitably be used as power amplifier for my 3 LCR speakers connected to my denon x3600h?

Intend to run total of 9 speakers and worried the AVR power would then become insufficient to optimally drive my demanding DBR62 LCR speakers.
I'm currently using the Aiyama A04 for L/R with the same Denon. I was curious to try this cheap little thing.
I can't tell you if it's contributing anything and I hope it's not degrading either lol). The review here was pretty impressed with the performance of the Denon amps to begin with. AVR heating is not really an issue for me, I have a pair of USB fans on top of it they keep it very chilled.

daniboun

Major Contributor
The A04 black PCB (Tilear 2.1) with full Elna caps is the best Chinese module for me but the Shui yuan seems to be better. See my last review =)

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Daniel,

TICore260BTL module can be improved.
If you can remove the PFFB opamp feedback capacitors, sound will become more airy and it will have better vocals.
Though the mods are too late as you already sent your amp to your audiophile friend.

Regards,
Lester

Hi amigos,

I made up my mind to leave a copy of my Shui Yuan TPA3255 + my Jlester TPA3255 amp to an Audiophile friend. I wanted to have an opinion other than mine regarding this new module.

His setup :

Atoll HD100 preamp tweaked version
Cabasse Sloop M2 speakers (94,5DB / 100W)
Source : Chromecast (flac Playlist)
optical cable connection

My setup :
Double DAC AK4497 with OPA1656 / OPA1611
High end 2.5 Floor Speakers with Ribbon Tweeter (93DB / 100W RMS)
Source : LGV30 + HD Audio playlist
Main connection : BT Aptx HD

Amplifiers :

Jlester TPA3255 + Genuine Muse 02 OP amps (see my review)
Shui Yuan TPA3255 with caps mods + OPA1656 (see my review)
Hypex Ncore NC500MP Dual Mono

As I am of French nationality, although I was born in Brazil, I did not want to distort his feedback, so please use Google Translate to keep the authenticity of his opinion :

I hope that this will help the DIY community to get a first idea of this Shui Yuan module which seems promising therefore) And since several opinions are better than two, I let future buyers share their opinion as well)

pma

Major Contributor
Hi Daniel,

TICore260BTL module can be improved.
If you can remove the PFFB opamp feedback capacitors, sound will become more airy and it will have better vocals.
Though the mods are too late as you already sent your amp to your audiophile friend.

Regards,
Lester
What happens technically? Elevated highs, peaking as a result of PFFB reduction? :)

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Not elevated highs. Actually will result to less highs. Somehow the 330pF X7R opamp feedback caps slightly degrades the sound.

Adding it to the circuit (as per slaa788a), opamp cut-off frequency will be at 48kHz and 23 degrees phase shift at 20kHz.
Also since 1 opamp is on the hotter side of the board, and I didn't use c0g cap, there might be some small phase lag between 2 channels when the amp's temp settles down.

What happens technically? Elevated highs, peaking as a result of PFFB reduction? :)

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From ali. I updated the output caps : Removed 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie audio grade

Hi Daniboun,

Do you have the exact Nichikon code?

I will order them from Mouser.

Edit : I found : Nichicon UKW1H222MHD

Last edited:
Top Bottom