• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

chips666

Am I missing something?

index.php
Oeps..
Sorry
In this case RCA splitter will do...

trunkline

Proved inside BRZHIFI BZ1306 case (131*249*55mm). Seems to fit well.

I want to upgrade the current 4558 op-amps with better ones and the power switch supplied with the box with one with light. The hole of the power switch is 12mm, any recommendations for this case?

The HanZao volume pot is supplied with the board.

with case.jpgpot.jpg

Last edited:

audiobroke

I plan on using the LF353N and the OPA2132 OP amps that I already have. When I used them on the TPA3116D2 board, I found that they offered much more clarity and performance (particularily the LF353N) than the stock NE5532. They are just a buck each on Digikey and Mouser.

I noticed that the HanZao TPA3251 you received came with the 4558 OP amps while the HanZao TPA3255 daniboun received came with the 5532 OP amps.

There seems to be so much chatter about the OPA1612, 1656, 1692, 2604, in this thread. I plan to order some of these as well to try in my new TPA3251 board.

IowAudio

Forum Donor
I got this Nobsound off Amazon for $109. Its same thing as the BRZHiFi both based on the TPA3255 and a built in power supply. It seems they made improvements over the Aiyima A07 but I am not thrilled with its sound signiture unless I tweek the eq knobs a bit. Seems powerful and clean but lacks low end when the eq is off. Think they should get rid of the bluetooth and maybe even the EQ knobs just make it a power amplifier. I may send it in to Amir for testing because I probably won't be using it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GQL6BJ...abc_6K2HQNAVWN38SSNM328Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Grounding problem again - not connected anywhere
.View attachment 121846
To preempt the 'but it would be ok if they'd used a 2 pin mains connector' argument, look to the left of the circled pin at the clearance between the PCB trace connected to the mains, and the SMPS heatsink that's probably connected to the chassis. As I understand it that's insufficient to meet the rules for double insulation, so the safety earth really is required.

hcra

Hello! Any idea why A04 is more expensive than A07?
I need a budget amp for bedroom (so no loud listening), so first I thought about TPA3116, but it seems that 32xx are better in every way... However the thing that bothers me is a PSU. What bad can happen with the chinese ones? Can they combust when the amp is idle? I'm reluctant to spend on PSU 3x of amp price, would, say 2/3A PSU work for quiet listening?

IowAudio

Forum Donor
I need a budget amp for bedroom (so no loud listening), so first I thought about TPA3116, but it seems that 32xx are better in every way... However the thing that bothers me is a PSU. What bad can happen with the chinese ones? Can they combust when the amp is idle? I'm reluctant to spend on PSU 3x of amp price, would, say 2/3A PSU work for quiet listening?

Go with the SMSL SA300. Well made and a quality power brick included. Also has plenty of power and options. I'll be reviewing mine soon on YT.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It's not about being Chinese as such - many (most?) of the reputable, certified PSUs are manufactured there too. It's more that the cheap uncertified PSUs may have cut corners, and may not meet the levels of safety or performance you'd expect. With a bit of searching you'll find people doing tests and teardowns of phone chargers (one example) which should give you an idea of what can happen - I've not seen anything directly comparable for brick style PSUs, but have had some that don't meet spec for current output and others that do.

For quiet listening you don't need as much power, so you should be ok with a lower voltage, lower current power supply. If you've got an old laptop PSU check the voltage and the connector - they're usually 19V and many have a standard barrel connector that would work with the amps. That may give you enough output power for your quiet listening.

trunkline

Hi,
Finally did you test ? What about your opinion ?
You should try the OPA1692, I found this is the best OP amps for this module )

Hi daniboun,
I don't have the amp assembled and I haven't been able to test it. I'm finishing other projects and I don't have much time left. As soon as I have it tested, I will send my opinion.

At the moment I have put a originals 5532 for replace the 4558. I want to try the OPA1692 that you recommend. I'm still looking where to buy them, I think it will have to be in audiophonics. I do not know of another place to buy it.

daniboun

Major Contributor
I got the OPA1692 from Mouser with some adapter SOIC8>DIP8.
Waiting for your feedback ) thanks

Toku

Major Contributor
The cost difference between A07 and A04 is a slight difference such as the size of the power supply capacitor and the case. The rest is the difference in production quantity.

I have purchased and tested many types of amplifiers using TPA325x series chips such as AIYIMA A04 and A07.
There is no problem with A07 and A04 even with a 24V power supply. There are many types of 24V power supplies that can be easily purchased. Furthermore, A04 can be used with a 19V power supply for PC. If the power capacity is 60W or more, you can play at a sufficient volume. However, pay attention to the size of the DC plug. A07 & A04 require 5.5 / 2.5mm size.

I recommend products that are easier and safer to use for your application. I also like to buy quality products such as SMSL SA300, Sabaj A10a, Loxje A30. The chip I'm using is Infineon's new MA12070, not the TPA3255, but it's a great chip. I'm using 3 SMSL SA300s now and it sounds very good.

trunkline

The HanZao TPA3251 is now working.
At the moment I have tested it with 4558 and NE5532 while waiting for the OPA1692 to arrive. It sounds great and I hope it will sound better with the OPA1692. No background noise and no pop on power-on. But if there is a pop one second after power-off. I don't know if I could use some circuit to mute the amp at the moment of power-off.

amp3r.jpgamp5r.jpg

Toku

Major Contributor
The HanZao TPA3251 is now working.
At the moment I have tested it with 4558 and NE5532 while waiting for the OPA1692 to arrive. It sounds great and I hope it will sound better with the OPA1692. No background noise and no pop on power-on. But if there is a pop one second after power-off. I don't know if I could use some circuit to mute the amp at the moment of power-off.

View attachment 125013View attachment 125015
I am interested in this amp board.
Does pop noise appear only when the power is turned off?

In such a case, I use the MUTE terminal to prevent pop noise when the power is off.
Use a two-circuit power switch and instantly connect the MUTE terminal to GND when the power is turned off.
If pop noise appears even when the power is turned on, connect a capacitor of about 100uF between MUTE and GND to delay the start-up of the amplifier.

Top Bottom