• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which SVS sub is right for me?

Blazeway

I am looking for a subwoofer to replace my aging Polk Audio PSW505. I'm not looking for the most powerful sub, honestly my Polk has enough power but it's showing its age. I'm after a sub with tight bass, that drops off as fast as it hits. I will most likely get an SVS but I'm having difficulties picking the right one. Also where I live volume is an issue. I will be watching a lot of movies at low/med volume and still want tight bass that can be heard and felt at lower volume levels. During the day I listen to a lot of music, very loud. So I guess I want the best of both worlds. Tight quick bass at lower volume and big bass at higher volumes. Any input on which subwoofer would suit me best is greatly appreciated

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am linking a sub thread on subwoofer comparison to help you on your journey to find the right one. I paired a PB-1000PRO to my old RTR's that i have and they work wonderfully with my setup. But there is a lot more out there on the SVS range that is better than the entry level PB-1000.
Subwoofer Comparison

OP
B

Blazeway

Welcome to ASR.
You’ve come to the right place.

My spreadsheet takes the guesswork out of choosing the perfect sub for your needs.

Have fun diving deep into the numbers.
But remember, it’s a slippery slope, since there’s always a better subwoofer. Lol
Ty I'll take a look

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Ty I'll take a look
Will help with recommendations if we know the size of the room and all open and connected space. Work out the total Cubic Feet of the room. So unless this is a room with a door you can close, you must include all spaces that share air space. This will help determine what amount of output you will need to reach your goals.

Top Bottom