• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new full home theatre guide

i have tinittus in my ears but still i wan to enjoy movies and music at lower volumes. My 1ST QUESTION IS ABOUT avr i am eying on denon x3800h and x4800h. price difference n india between them is 50000 inr (590 usd). Which one to get? I am planning to buy 2 front tower speakers/1 center/2back surround/1 subwoofer(another maybe later) and 2 "pairs" of DOLBY ATMOS from SVS/POLK AUDIO/KEF/klipsh plus i would connect appletv 4k and 1 tv with denon.
which brand should i buy i dont want that sharp piercing sound as i have tinnitus, which brand to buy for warm sound signature you know what i mean

DDB

I’m a noob myself, but I would think the 3800 is more than enough for most speakers in you price range. I recommend trying a listening session with your speakers first. A hard-to-drive speaker will need a beefier amp/receiver.

OP
H
Finally after too many ifs and buts, tried many sellers in india, it was hard to believe the Authenticity but finally got my denon avc x4800h and will arrive by monday. Now as receiver is confirmed, I would like to proceed further. I would like to choose now: front left/right then centre speaker then back left right then subwoofer and 2 pairs of dolby atmos. My budget is tight, so i will be buying these all only one at a time. but need to finalize now. My main needs are? i will be listening to 1990s hindi bollywood songs from movies like: mohra, dilwale, akele hum akele tum etc. i have original disks of all cds and i ripped them in .wav 1400kbps. So all these songs must sound very good if i hear each and every instrument it will be best. Then regarding moves, i like action movies from james bond then wonder woman series, alien series etc. As already said I HAVE TINITTUS in ears, so want warm sound not harsh. my room is maybe 15x15

wharfdale is out of my budget. Regarding DALI i can go max upto oberon series. or any other brand you suggest? KEF/DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY

Top Bottom