• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker is the best one?

OP
C

CarlToft

Hi @CarlToft

Since you asked... and it seems you have the budget for it .. Get the Neumann and be done for a while ...

Peace.
Thanks for the answer. But I just found a way cheaper pair of kef's which I can sell again later if I get the money to upgrade. As i found the pair used for half the price of the neumann's

steve59

Major Contributor
The best speaker is the one the person spending their hard earned money likes the best. period

Zapper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Neumann has two advantages that should be included in the price/benefit calculation. First is built-in amplification, as already mentioned. Second is built-in DSP and room EQ, requiring only a $279 MA1 mic to use. To add the equivalent to another system requires something like the miniDSP Flex + Dirac Live + Umik-1 mic for $769, or an AVR with room correction.

Digby

Major Contributor
Will they be loud enough?
They are the most capable, SPL wise, of all the speakers you listed, so I'd think so.

If you can get the KEFs cheap and can listen to them before purchase, might as well give them a try first, I suppose.

steve59

Major Contributor
Dali oberon line is their most affordable and are a bit less aggressive in the midrange than Kef. Some listeners love the uniq driver while some say it's too hard on their ears. The Dali's are a good neutral choice.

OP
C

CarlToft

Dali oberon line is their most affordable and are a bit less aggressive in the midrange than Kef. Some listeners love the uniq driver while some say it's too hard on their ears. The Dali's are a good neutral choice.
Oh i just bought the Kef ones a few hours ago.

Top Bottom