• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which panel color do you prefer?

producer12999

Hello, I am currently planning my studio with GIK Acoustics.

I am faced with the question which color the fabric cover should have. Does anyone of you have black modules and is it much hotter in summer, even if the modules are not directly on a window? Or does someone have a very bright color, which may even be slightly yellow after years?

I’m not sure which of the two variants is worse. Dark + more heat or light + the danger that the modules look disgusting after years.

The color palette of the "Camira Cara" fabrics does not convince me 100%. And those of "Camira Lucia" even less. (Pictures attached)
It’s a matter of taste, but what color would you choose and do you have experience with the above described? I think "Lead" is really nice, a mixture of black and white.
"Dolphin" as well, a bright blue.

It is an important decision, because I will spend a lot of money and the room will be equipped with it extensively. Please don’t take the question too seriously and discuss it in the thread!

(I don’t smoke, but I do vape IQOS and e-cigarette)

Attachments

• colors cara.png
    colors cara.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • colors lucia.png
    colors lucia.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 38

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just chatting, I think picking any color is great, but pick one similar to or darker in tone than the room, just aesthetically speaking.

I have some GIK panels in, I think, 'calypso' and they have blended with several rooms: not too dark to as to be a visualblack hole and not attention getting for brightness.

Purely subjective, of course!

Post pics when you are done!

OP
P

producer12999

I will be using the Inloom Bondai fabrics!
They look the densest. And are top in price.
Sure, when it's done I'll post pictures. I am really looking forward to it!

How long did it take to ship for you?

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I will be using the Inloom Bondai fabrics!
They look the densest. And are top in price.
Sure, when it's done I'll post pictures. I am really looking forward to it!

How long did it take to ship for you?
They happened to have them in stock, less than a week, but they had nothing to finish.

OP
P

producer12999

They happened to have them in stock, less than a week, but they had nothing to finish.
Ah very nice. I'm just extremely looking forward to the day it arrives. Unfortunately I can't order until next Saturday. Let's see how long it will take then!

OP
P

producer12999

By the way... have you ever had negative experiences with mineral wool or something? I have minimal concerns, but GIK is simply the best supplier with the best options. They also offered me denim fibre in everything that is not a bass trap. I decided against it now because they offered to use foil. Can I sleep comfortably in the room then, what do you think? Because the room is the bedroom and there is a bed at the back of the wall surrounded by acoustic modules. xD

There are no studies on the fact that mixing engeneers statistically have problems, etc. But if you do some research, you can sometimes find reports that sell you horror when it comes to mineral wool.

OP
P

producer12999

The fibres are supposedly not respirable. But the fact that they are extremely irritating to the skin must mean that something is wrong, or what do you think? Many people have already written to me that nothing will happen. But I just can't stop thinking about it. I hope that everything will go well.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Color is too much up to taste, but in general you should match the colors of things in the room, or have them at a suitable contrast.

So blue / orange or blue / yellow can work. Dark green and yellow, two shades of blue, or green, etc. etc.

Check a color wheel and the colors of other prominent objects in the room (rugs, draperies, other furniture, artwork) and see what comes out, I think that's a reliable path if you're not sure how to pick.

Top Bottom