• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's your dream system?

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Nice, the last thing my father was physically capable of doing with me was picking out some Wisconsin white oak that I drove back to Boston to make a staircase in my first house. I milled and finished all the rails and balusters myself.

So, in a way, your dad is still guiding you along. Cool.

All my tools (and I have a lot) will go to my son in law. Before that happens, I'm looking forward to taking him through some home renovations of his own. Should be fun!

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
So, in a way, your dad is still guiding you along. Cool.

All my tools (and I have a lot) will go to my son in law. Before that happens, I'm looking forward to taking him through some home renovations of his own. Should be fun!

Both my sons have plenty of their own tools. My eldest is staying with us while he is having his first house done, thought he did do his own over the top kitchen. I tried to talk him into being his own general and subbing out all the work, after all we lived there when we did it and had 4 kids.

Victoria

I believe that if B&O was to review the pricing of the Beolab 50, 40 K is way too much IMHO even for a fine looking piece of furniture. a more reasonable , say around $20K for a complete audio system would place it in the price segment now occupied by the Kii Three and the D&D 8C.. They may need to attack the audiophile market upfront, no holds barred, no apologies for being beautiful :D

40 grand? I just checked around and the Beolab 50 pricing should start around 25-28 grand (USD) depending on country and all, and also depending on options (certain finishes do command quite a premium), which is more or less in line with the rough pricing I got when I asked B&O out of curiosity when I was purchasing my happy little Dalek from them.

Vapor9

LumenWhite speakers (not too big and I've heard them a few times - whew)
Boulder 3000 amp/preamp
DCS dac
Crystal cables

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Okay, my dream system at this moment (could change in a heartbeat):

Amp: 2x Hypex NC400 monoblocks
DAC/preamp: SMSL M500
CD Player: Olasonic NANO-CD1
Speakers: Something DIY based on the new Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A
Misc: Some sort of bluetooth receiver with toslink output

tomtoo

Major Contributor
There are many dream systems. But always when are at 5% of max. clean spl of them, some neighbour would knock on my real door.:rolleyes:

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am perfectly happy with my current system. That's both a blessing and a curse. The wallet and the tweaker in me have diverging goals.

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My dream system is one where I can have all of my favorite artists play for me live, on demand.

Failing that, well, Benchmark AHB2 driving some Klipschorns/Magico/Vandersteens I guess.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dream system is not one.
It's music in each room, with balanced sound that is good enough to listen for a long time.

Tks

Major Contributor
Definitely need me a pair of these

meze_empyrean_earcup__large_full.jpg

Hiten

I am rookie so cant give names but

System 1 : Quality Single Ended Tube amp driving high sensitivity wide band driver.
System 2 : 2 way speaker driven by Pure Class A SS Amplifier.
System 3 : multiway speaker with powerfull amplifier. (Class D ?)(Active ?).
Source : Any good CD Player. Music Server+DAC. Technics SP10 with EPA tonearm and cartridge (Just because I have few vinyls).
Cables : Any good interconnects and speaker wires. Comfortable chair/recliner.

Regards

SDC

Motu 16a and AVR with xlr output. Many kh80s for surround. Most importantly, somewhere I can listen to music louder than 70dB...

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
- I want a custom build double bass array, that can deliver 115dB without audible distortion down to 20hz
- A room that meets professional studio standards
- When I have that, pretty much any speaker will do. KH120, KEF LS50 something like that
- Benchmark AHB2 for the satellites
- nCore/Purify for the subs - however when money doesn't matter, Accuphase all the things. McIntosh is okay too.
- Correct everything with Acourate using RME interfaces

Last edited:

rgpit

Forum Donor
My dream system:
Speakers: TAD Reference One
Power amps: 2 X Benchmark AHB2 as monoblocks
Pre amp/DAC: Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A decent system run trough state of the art roomcorrection software that can emulated any controll room of any recorded record like Abbey Road of the Beatles. So i can hear the exact original sound of the Final master tape that is heard/constructed by the recording engineer, artist(s) him/her self.

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I want a multichannel (8 or more) low-noise/low-distortion balanced analog "preamplifier) which will provide:
1. Switching among 3 or more inputs.
2. Accurate level control.
3. Large knob for volume control.
4. Remote control for volume and input control.
Think of 4 or more Benchmark LA4s under unified control!
I can easily manage what feeds it and where the output goes.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
  • All my music plus similar material I don't know about should be at one easily located source.
  • This music should be available in the highest possible quality.
  • The sound should bypass my aging and faulty ears (and hence room), arriving at the relevant part of my brain which can hopefully still interpret the full range of frequencies. If not the music will be automatically adapted so that it can be correctly heard by my brain.
  • To 'listen' I would not be required to be attached to anything or any place - I can listen anywhere and whenever I want to with just a simple control (it could perhaps be controlled my brain but I'm not sure anyone's brain can be so controlling). In other words, I could for example just sit down in a comfortable chair, press a button to activate, and another button to indicate or type in my musical tastes at that moment. Press play.

Top Bottom