• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's your dream system?

devopsprodude

JBL Synthesis 13.2 system in a purpose built home theater room with three tiers of seating, acoustic treatments, large screen and high quality 8K projector. Would need to win big in the lottery, which means it will never happen.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I know about that. :) I guess it's a solution that's comparable to REW and other DRC solutions, so I expect comparable results, no more, no less. In my post I was rather imagining that someday all that process could be included in the speakers themselves with no need for a PC. I would imagine the speakers being delivered with a microphone that you would connect to them directly. Then via the speakers' Smartphone app you would enter the specs of your room, distance to walls, etc.. Then everything would be done automatically. In theory it should be possible, and it would make things easier for all the "non-experts". :)
Agreed - have everything sent to your phone and its microphone, let the phone's processor take care of it as they are easily powerful enough to do this (adjusting for the phone's own microphone characteristics calibrated to match)!

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Agreed - have everything sent to your phone and its microphone, let the phone's processor take care of it as they are easily powerful enough to do this (adjusting for the phone's own microphone characteristics calibrated to match)!
Yes ! I wasn't trusting the phone mic, that's why I was thinking about a specific mic provided by the speaker manufacturer. Anyway, I think that may be the future, now let's hope that it comes soon. :)

TerryO

I have listened to quite a variety of systems in the last 45 + years, including a couple that were considered among the best in the World by the Athens Audio Society. I have heard a couple of Horn Systems that were absolutely top notch and several cleverly crafted, homebuilt Super Ingenious budget builds that were put together for literally peanuts. Listening rooms? Yes those as well! I have become convinced that copious amounts of funds for a "really good system" need not keep one from achieving a great system. I will return to this thread later for further elaboration...

jonfitch

I dream of a KEF Reference 1 META refresh + a pair of KC62s, but barring that, I would go with what many people consider the statement bookshelf speaker, the TAD CR1--although its getting a bit long in the tooth at this point.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My dream would be to have multiple high end systems/rooms that I can cycle between. Genelec 8351b 7.4.4 Auro room, Revel Salon2 room, Kii3 + BXT room, D&D 8C room, Grimm LS1Be room, JTR theater, LX521 room. Preferably multiple different dispersion width options, as I enjoy aspects of different dispersion patterns for different reasons.

That said, I don't consider that "real", though it would still be less than many 2.0 ultra high end systems(Karma, Focal, Wilson, etc.). More real would be to maybe have one multichannel room and one 2 channel room.

Another dream would be something like the Beolab90 if I could only have 1, but I'd still rather have multiple cheaper systems.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We're already there with the Genelec SAM/GLM speakers as this is definitely a room correction equalizer system that comes with its own microphone to allow you to tune to your listening preference while correcting for dips and peaks. @amirm currently has my Genelec 8351b with GLM for review (hopefully he has time to play with it!) and should be no less effective than DIRAC or Room Perfect.

Nice! Someone finally sent one in :p.

Thank you!

Moonhead

Like many others I guess...

D&D 8C or Genelec 8351B
Minus tinnitus.

steve59

Major Contributor
Active would be the Meridian dsp8000se driven by an 818v3 and roon nucleus+
Passive, my persona 7f driven by the pathos logos mk2 with same streamer and dac.

Vienna Acoustics 'The Music' and Kef 'Blade' speakers still on my bucket list.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My dream would be to have multiple high end systems/rooms that I can cycle between. Genelec 8351b 7.4.4 Auro room, Revel Salon2 room, Kii3 + BXT room, D&D 8C room, Grimm LS1Be room, JTR theater.

That said, I don't consider that "real", though it would still be less than many 2.0 ultra high end systems(Karma, Focal, etc.). More real would be to maybe have one multichannel room and one 2 channel room.

Another dream would be something like the Beolab90 if I could only have 1, but I'd still rather have multiple cheaper systems.

Not sure I care for too many rooms... I like the idea of going 20~20 KHz clean anywhere. I like separated HT and 2-channel systems but ...

2-Channel current dream would be a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8C is in a medium room.

or something for the near future as a multi-purpose AV system for 2-Ch and Video/MCH. I am seriously thinking about in the here and now! I believe someone here ... calling @BDWoody ? ;), has already my dream system.
3 JBL 708 for LCR
2 JBL 705 for Surround
2 JBL 305 for Ceiling
3 or 4 Rythmik or SVS subs
Denon AVR 3700H.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Danley Jericho
Danley SH96HO (x2)
Pass XA25 (x3)

MiniDSP SHD

FiberOptic link for cable with Starlink backup

Drinks cooler (stocked)
Landing pod for Amazon Prime Air delivered groceries

Bunker in undisclosed location to house it all.

My kids living somewhere else.
SWMBO off to yoga with Alpacas retreat.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Danley Jericho
Danley SH96HO (x2)
Pass XA25 (x3)

MiniDSP SHD

FiberOptic link for cable with Starlink backup

Drinks cooler (stocked)
Landing pod for Amazon Prime Air delivered groceries

Bunker in undisclosed location to house it all.

My kids living somewhere else.
SWMBO off to yoga with Alpacas retreat.

How big would this room be?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
. I am seriously thinking about in the here and now! I believe someone here ... calling @BDWoody ? ;), has already my dream system.
3 JBL 708 for LCR
2 JBL 705 for Surround
2 JBL 305 for Ceiling
3 or 4 Rythmik or SVS subs
Denon AVR 3700H.

These 708's and 705's continue to impress me. For my space, I have a hard time thinking what would give me a dramatic improvement. I use one Velodyne and 2x10" HSU's (the big old cylindrical ones), and have been pretty happy with that.
Highly recommend trying those JBL's.

Top Bottom