• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's your dream system?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How big would this room be?
One can dream :)
I have listened to quite a variety of systems in the last 45 + years, including a couple that were considered among the best in the World by the Athens Audio Society. I have heard a couple of Horn Systems that were absolutely top notch and several cleverly crafted, homebuilt Super Ingenious budget builds that were put together for literally peanuts. Listening rooms? Yes those as well! I have become convinced that copious amounts of funds for a "really good system" need not keep one from achieving a great system. I will return to this thread later for further elaboration...
By all means. I have followed a similar path. I’d like you to elaborate as my current system at its modest cost has me, befuddled and pleased ...

Last edited:

oozlum

My dream system would consist of 3D large visualisation of my digital music collection (imagine big cone firing upward) that I could enter into (and browse fast by art works) and pair of speakers that would be so advanced that would be able to emulate all other speakers built so far (and maybe with intelligently auto selected for each different music content).

Hook me up to the Neuralink brain implant,

No speakers, no screens required as it is direct brain connection to bypass my old body parts. Time to market is 4 to 9 years at a cost of $2,000 to $4,000 for installation. So there you go, the "end game" is in site so I don't need to chase something that is slowly going obsolete--that would be me but also my audio/video system! :)

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
real 911s are air cooled, as are 964 and 993

the 996 was the first water cooled thing

Since new Porsches are not real I have decided I want a Cadillac Escalade ESV with run flats, armor and a driver trained in evasion and firearms. It comes with a 36 speaker AKG sound system and rear seat entertainment.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does the taycan have good audio?
Only if you elect the $7K Burmester option, otherwise the $1,200 Bose option is better than most, but the "base" stereo allows for easier aftermarket upgrades; however, if you're going to spend around $6,000 aftermarket anyway, then Burmester is gets you more at $7,000 than I believe aftermarket tuning can.

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A shared space like this might be fun:
https://cinema-amigo.com/
Because if it's just me sitting at home, I'm going to get bored, and friends and family got their own things going on. Let others handle the day to day operations and program selection, so I can just wander in and enjoy it when I want to.

Victoria

I'm going to go against the flow here with something unique for you guys, and I'd seriously have one made for myself if I had the money and space!

Behold the Synchron Art Installation powered by ELAC (yes, the ELAC we all know and mostly love!):

ELAC-Synchron-1.jpg

ELAC-Synchron-2.jpg

I actually had the absolute pleasure of visiting this art installation in person almost two decades ago and it was absolutely awesome.

You can find more information here: https://www.world-architects.com/pt/lin-architects-urbanists-berlin/project/synchron

It's basically a huge 3D sculpture which you can walk into where each panel has an "exciter" (manufactured by ELAC themselves) attached to it which causes the entire panel to radiate sound, and to add to the sheer awesomeness of the whole display these panels are translucent and lasers are installed outside of the structure which projects the light inside.

What you end up with is a stunningly surreal three dimensional sound coupled with an amazing lightshow which would mimic a lightning storm with hair-raising detail and realism. Sure, for actual music this may have limited uses, but this was one experience I'll never forget.

I'd totally have this as my bedroom. Just a huge bed in the middle of the installation to lie in and detach from reality.

I've actually been a huge ELAC fangirl even before my experience with the Synchron, and I continue to admire the brand even to this day.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm going to go against the flow here with something unique for you guys, and I'd seriously have one made for myself if I had the money and space!
Looks like a Star Trek Runabout. :p
GENERAL--SHUTTLE1.jpg

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe times are changing but I'm suddenly very compelled by the new Taycan.

sure, but it's not a 911

the 996, 997, 991 etc. are all too competent to have fun in

Jimshoe

A (probably huge) acoustically 'ideal' room into which even some pretty crap equipment would sound great.

I so tired of living in a small flat the colours the sound of everything

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
well, mine is a '73 unit body with light Al suspension parts, brakes from later years; 300 lbs. taken out of the wt., and hp doubled :cool:

964 has an overly competent F. suspension and ugly blobmobile bumpers on it :eek:

993 looks nice and vaguely resembles a 911 :)

I had 2 911s and a Boxster S but sold the newer 911 and let the Boxster S go back on lease end.

dfuller

Major Contributor
You know, I don't know - probably flush mounted KH420s, a pair of Rhythmik F12s, bunch of fine-ass mastering hardware, and a Grace M905 for monitor control.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I pretty damn happy with the rig I have now, but a bigger better room would be great.
Then I could add at least a pair of side surround speakers and 2 Atmos, and 2 more subs.
Bring the system from 5.2.4 to 7.4.6 wOOt

oozlum

Behold the Synchron Art Installation powered by ELAC (yes, the ELAC we all know and mostly love!):

View attachment 137193

View attachment 137194

I actually had the absolute pleasure of visiting this art installation in person almost two decades ago and it was absolutely awesome.

You can find more information here: https://www.world-architects.com/pt/lin-architects-urbanists-berlin/project/synchron

It's basically a huge 3D sculpture which you can walk into where each panel has an "exciter" (manufactured by ELAC themselves) attached to it which causes the entire panel to radiate sound, and to add to the sheer awesomeness of the whole display these panels are translucent and lasers are installed outside of the structure which projects the light inside.

What you end up with is a stunningly surreal three dimensional sound coupled with an amazing lightshow which would mimic a lightning storm with hair-raising detail and realism. Sure, for actual music this may have limited uses, but this was one experience I'll never forget.

I'd totally have this as my bedroom. Just a huge bed in the middle of the installation to lie in and detach from reality.

I've actually been a huge ELAC fangirl even before my experience with the Synchron, and I continue to admire the brand even to this day.

Top Bottom