• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is up with Amazon Prime estimates these days?

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I made this thread to see if others are experiencing this weird problem.

I was building my cart (On a Thursday around 12pm) and all the items said I had 6 hours left to order for them to be delivered the next day. 1 hour later I went to check out and the estimates changed so much. Some said tomorrow, some said Friday, some said Saturday and some Sunday. How do you go from next day shipping to 4 day shipping like that? All items were in stock and by the same sellers. I thought maybe, well could be a glitch right or bad luck? Today as I'm writing this thread, I wanted to buy a strong surge protector and Amazon promised next day shipping if I ordered within the 6+ hour time frame left. I went to order 30 minutes later, and the time changed to 2-day shipping. I hate this damn rug pull Amazon is doing because I was able to order next-day delivery on items that had 30 minutes left in the limited time frame before hand.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I've seen it happen. Frustrating, certainly, but sure not end of the world type of issue. I've had many more issues with USPS and UPS actually delivering the packages beyond Amazon having a shipping delay because a particular vendor may have shifted to the next or whatever causes the change in delivery estimate.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't lived in areas eligible for next day delivery for a long time now. Prime sometimes indicates such, tho, and sometimes the delivery isn't in 2 days either. I'm giving them some slack due the general mess the world's in at this point, but overall most stuff comes timely otoh, altho the ones that are merely on the site but still handled outside of Amazon's own distribution, meh.

mansr

Major Contributor
I made this thread to see if others are experiencing this weird problem.

I was building my cart (On a Thursday around 12pm) and all the items said I had 6 hours left to order for them to be delivered the next day. 1 hour later I went to check out and the estimates changed so much. Some said tomorrow, some said Friday, some said Saturday and some Sunday. How do you go from next day shipping to 4 day shipping like that? All items were in stock and by the same sellers. I thought maybe, well could be a glitch right or bad luck? Today as I'm writing this thread, I wanted to buy a strong surge protector and Amazon promised next day shipping if I ordered within the 6+ hour time frame left. I went to order 30 minutes later, and the time changed to 2-day shipping. I hate this damn rug pull Amazon is doing because I was able to order next-day delivery on items that had 30 minutes left in the limited time frame before hand.
It could be that next-day delivery is only possible from local warehouses and those in range sold out while you were dithering. Odd for it to happen with so many items at once, though.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It could be that next-day delivery is only possible from local warehouses and those in range sold out while you were dithering. Odd for it to happen with so many items at once, though.
No.

I've been experiencing this on nearly all orders the last 6 months. I live quite close to their distribution center.

A friend 30 miles further out gets everything next day and some same day. He lives in the most affluent area in the region. His neighborhood is crawling with Amazon delivery trucks every day. I don't live in some poor destitute area, but clearly they prioritize some areas not based on proximity and others get whatever is left.

Where I live is a bit less densely populated, though not rural. They have to drive thru where I live to get to the part of the county my friend lives in.

Also where friend lives delivery is almost all Amazon vehicles. Was that way here until several months ago. Now we never get delivery in their trucks. FedEx and post office only.

D

Deleted member 19122

Amazon fired/let go almost all their own delivery drivers in Germany back in August,So of course now as it was before when Amazon had to create their own delivery service(Flex is what it was called) Amazon is always late and I live in Frankfurt right next to downtown.It's quite simple DHL,DPD,GLS etc, are pretty incompetent and can't get deliveries done on time.Amazon is also busy trying to sublet a lot of their German warehouse space.I think Bezos has seen the economic downturn that's coming to Germany and are cutting their costs while they can.https://www.pymnts.com/gig-economy/2022/amazon-to-end-flex-delivery-service-in-germany/

Top Bottom