• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the IPA-Link output from the player PDT 3100 HV?

Ovo23

I saw this player from T+A, and obviously, it is another excessively expensive player from Germany. However, one thing caught my eye that it is an SACD transport that does not use HDMI to transfer the DSD signal from SACD, I mean even the Esoteric needs to compromise to the DSD standard made by Sony and stick using the HDMI output in their transport, how does T+A get away with that. By the way, I also tried to find information about this IPA-Link but didn't get much at all, even the shape of the plug is something I never saw. Is anyone familiar with this?
1709009664715.png

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Connector looks like this, doesn't it ?

The 4 pins version is used for Profinet IO (Siemens' industrial automation IO ethernet bus).
Quite common in industry.

linuxfan

IPA Link is clearly a proprietary method of connecting this disc player to T+A's HV-Series of DAC's.
If you look at the web page of the SD 3100 HV DAC -
https://www.ta-hifi.de/en/audiosystems/hv-series/sd-3100-reference-streaming-dac-2/
under Specifications > Connections > Digital Inputs
you will see 1 x IPA (LVDS)
So the interconnecting signal is quite likely to be the native I2S output of the player's circuitry, amplified by an LVDS driver, similar to the I2S-via-HDMI method pioneered by PS Audio, and implemented on quite a few other DAC's including the upper model Topping and SMSL units. Of course the connector is different.

OP
O

Ovo23

IPA Link is clearly a proprietary method of connecting this disc player to T+A's HV-Series of DAC's.
If you look at the web page of the SD 3100 HV DAC -
https://www.ta-hifi.de/en/audiosystems/hv-series/sd-3100-reference-streaming-dac-2/
under Specifications > Connections > Digital Inputs
you will see 1 x IPA (LVDS)
So the interconnecting signal is quite likely to be the native I2S output of the player's circuitry, amplified by an LVDS driver, similar to the I2S-via-HDMI method pioneered by PS Audio, and implemented on quite a few other DAC's including the upper model Topping and SMSL units. Of course the connector is different.
Thanks.

Top Bottom