• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Ismapics

Hello Amir:

In the ultra cheap, the Neumi BS5 (BS I know), Moukey MS20-1 and Jamo 803. Maybe Polk Monitor 40 Series II. All of those are top 50 in Amzn. ahh the Fluance Signature HiFi 2-Way Bookshelf, another YT reviewer darling.

johnpower

Hi Amir- enjoyed your videos online and work experiences, very good for young engineers to hear. I am curious about how
both the new powered monitors Hedd Type 07 MRK II at $899 each and new Focal Alpha 65 Evo 6.5" at $449 each compare and measure. Is one really worth double the price of the other? I am curious in how they'd work in stereo vs surround Atmos setups, as the Focal includes mounting holes for such purpose...

zheka

I'd like to see a measurement of a popular cheap bluetooth speaker, something like the JBL Flip 4. Just for pure entertainment purposes.
I agree I wish there were measurements of small BT speakers. I'd add Minirigs 3, mini and Denon Enaya to the list. I can send mine for review if there is any interest.

I agree I wish there were measurements of small BT speakers. I'd add Minirigs 3, mini and Denon Enaya to the list. I can send mine for review if there is any interest.
Ditto, not particularly fussy which, would be interesting to compare similarly priced, popular options.
I'd offer to cover the costs to ship my Boom3 if there's any interest.

carewser

I'll bet Amir could live for a millennium and still not have enough time to review all the speakers suggested in this thread and that's if there are no more suggestions

I also never thought my poor ass would ever own speakers that were too expensive to be reviewed here.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
IMHO the Kali Audio IN-5 is due... curious how it compares to the IN-8
I am interested in testing it. Can we get a couple of people to donate something toward the cost of one and I will throw in the rest?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'll bet Amir could live for a millennium and still not have enough time to review all the speakers suggested in this thread and that's if there are no more suggestions
And that would be a good bet. :) Still, it is good to see the suggestions here. Sometimes people offer me stuff to test and I search to see if there has been requests for it. To the extent there has, then that motivates me to test it more.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Amir:

In the ultra cheap, the Neumi BS5 (BS I know), Moukey MS20-1 and Jamo 803. Maybe Polk Monitor 40 Series II. All of those are top 50 in Amzn. ahh the Fluance Signature HiFi 2-Way Bookshelf, another YT reviewer darling.
Amir measured the Fluance:
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...nce-signature-bookshelf-speaker-review.16337/

Erin measured the Neumi:
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumi-bs5-bookshelf-speaker-review.14404/

Erin measured the tower Jamo:
https://erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/jamo_s807/

Ismapics

I had checked the master index and they were not there. I did miss the Fluance. Also though that Amir was asking for the suggestions. Cheers
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 12.14.07 AM.png

Rul M

Nobody take it the wrong way.. but most of the speakers that I see that they are suggesting already have reviews and even strong conclusions in other media.
For this reason I propose a very American speaker that nobody has bothered to review: Earthquake RBS-52

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nobody take it the wrong way.. but most of the speakers that I see that they are suggesting already have reviews and even strong conclusions in other media.
For this reason I propose a very American speaker that nobody has bothered to review: Earthquake RBS-52
I agree with prioritizing lesser reviewed speakers.

However, that speaker is a 5.25” woofer and they spec it +/-3dB 30Hz-20kHz and also state a 3kHz crossover to the 1” dome. So, I have very little expectation of good measurements. The 1yr warranty also doesn’t help.

Top Bottom