• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Fre1

Forum Donor
If you donate to the forum at any level, I will buy and test it. :)
No problem, tell me how in private please. Thank you. I'm new here^^

Thanks to your tests, i bought the adams T8V and T5V to someone who sold the two pairs for half of their price ;) very good!
I can donate with pleasure.

excuse my english, i'm french^^'

Last edited:

Hotwetrat

QA Concept 20 - so much hype and are well respected years later and hugely cheaper than on release - so many good reasons to test

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Micca speakers? They are inexpensive on Amazon and I wonder what you can get for those few dollars.

Doctors11

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Amir measured the RB42, Erin measured the MB42X.

That leaves the OoO, but looking at the measurements of the above two, I wouldn‘t hold my breath hoping it’s good.

Thanks! I will check them out. I realized AFTER I posted that I ALWAYS need to do the search first. Oh well, a senior moment!

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I said it before, but just to get it out there again,
I’ll pitch in $25 to review either of the following:
  • HTD L3 Bookshelf
  • Chane A1.5
  • HSU HB-1 MK2

Sound&Vision measured the original HSU HB-1, but it didn’t fare well:
307hsu.fig1.jpg

But HSU claims:
HSU Research is proud to introduce the second generation HB-1. The second generation (MK2) HB-1 boasts flatter frequency response, improved horn, and more powerful Neodymium magnet for the tweeter, and greatly improved looks

The above 3 are some of the most recommended I see on forums for the <=$400 club, the HTD & HSU especially for home theater as they boast higher than average sensitivity (and have wood finishes).

The other usually recommended for home theater is the Ascend CBM-170, which had just ok measurements.

AlexanderM

I found these in-ceiling speakers, I haven't listened to them, they are super cheap, each one has an 8" woofer, and midrange and a tweeter. I've seen them on several top 5 and top 10 in-ceiling speaker reviews, and then loads of customer reviews on Amazon. I'm thinking, at this price how can they be good. Not sure if this even goes in this forum?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...iling-speakers-with-8-woofers-7-pack/13864170

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
^ Those are Goldwood speakers which are designed to show up in top 5 and top 10 "reviews" (actually lists) based on low cost/high sales volume as opposed to measured performance.

Top Bottom