• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it has to be as minimalistic as possible. At least that's how I like it.
We do have emojis (and words!) to convey feelings towards a comment. That should suffice.

I like the current system.
I likes it!

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Exactly, I expressed a similar sentiment earlier.

Although I comprehend Amir's intention behind implementing the like system (as he explained earlier), I can't help but wonder what's wrong with simply replying to express gratitude. Just a thought.
That would clog up threads with replies saying "+1", "I most heartedly agree", "Right on!", etc.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Although I comprehend Amir's intention behind implementing the like system (as he explained earlier), I can't help but wonder what's wrong with simply replying to express gratitude. Just a thought.
To be clear, I didn't implement likes. It comes as part of the forum system. What I did was disable the new variations of it in the latest software.

That aside the fact that we have likes doesn't stop people from expressing gratitude in words.

D

Deleted member 48726

I meant more for detailed analysis, as a general thing it works fine, altho I'd rather see a few more choices than just "like" to be more specific.
Why would one want "more detailed analysis" on the use of likes and the like?

There are emojis if you run out of words to describe what you feel.. ;)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why would one want "more detailed analysis" on the use of likes and the like?

There are emojis if you run out of words to describe what you feel.. ;)
Can you run stats on emojis? The way you can see a breakdown of various reactions on some fora can be interesting...sort of :)

D

Deleted member 48726

Can you run stats on emojis? The way you can see a breakdown of various reactions on some fora can be interesting...sort of :)
I don't know but at the same time why shouldn't you? -If words are searchable emojis must be as well. Can't think of any meaningful use cases though. But I'm sure some statistics guy would dive right in.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To be clear, I didn't implement likes. It comes as part of the forum system. What I did was disable the new variations of it in the latest software.

That aside the fact that we have likes doesn't stop people from expressing gratitude in words.
This is me expressing my sincere gratitude.:cool:

Can we replace Likes with very-small denominations of ETH?

dasdoing

Major Contributor
That would clog up threads with replies saying "+1", "I most heartedly agree", "Right on!", etc.

Yep, threads here are scientifically dense haha. But honestly, I haven't observed this in forums that lack the like feature.

yeah. it's still got a bit of a non-scientific vibe to it. but like I mentioned earlier, I don't think it has a hugely significant impact here.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
wait, I ignored the notifications of the thread, but I think I still should have been notified about the direct replies to my posts, no?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yep, threads here are scientifically dense haha. But honestly, I haven't observed this in forums that lack the like feature.
They used to be extremely common until everyone upgraded to forums with Likes.

OP
AmarioForester
Some of it may be due to us deleting posts which won't be visible externally. But yes, there is roughly half the posts unaccounted for in their stats. Whatever crawler they are using is not seeing all the posts.
Sorry for the late reply. I mistakenly used the same group of comments for this chart that I used to collect Likes statistics. Namely the comments, that have Likes and were not written by the deleted or guest users (have an author ID tied to them). Below is the full picture (to the time the original post of mine was written). Other charts are based of the filtered comments.
1689370843089.png

Pe8er

Forum Donor
@AmarioForester thank you for putting all of this together! Would you have the ability to calculate number of comments / number of likes ratio for the top commenters? That could indicate the quality, not just quantity of posted / liked content.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Great idea! Although one would need to implement a KI to identify drunk patterns in comments text..

I don't even want to see it, cause I will probably in the top 10. just kidding lol.

on a serious note: something that would be intresting is analysing which members create the most topics that generate the most engagement. others than Amir that is lol

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like to see who posts the most while beeing drunk.
Probably depends on who drinks the most! I do it sometimes although I'm almost never drunk drunk, but I don't think my somewhat inebriated posts are that much different to my normal posts - I think. (By the way I'm stone cold sober right now, ha!) :(:D

OP
AmarioForester
@AmarioForester thank you for putting all of this together! Would you have the ability to calculate number of comments / number of likes ratio for the top commenters? That could indicate the quality, not just quantity of posted / liked content.
I updated the dataset, so that it is more up-to-date.

Data retrieved: 15 July 2023
Time domain: 2022-2023

The current comments-per-year distribution (yes, there are some comments have been added up for the time since 2018, missed them before..):
1689441229161.png

The previous plots have slightly changed since May.

Amir's Top-Likers:
1689441373910.png

And the likes / number_of_comments ratio for these users, aka average number of likes per comment:
1689441415268.png

Most Liked by Amir:
1689441427958.png

Their likes / number_of_comments ratio:
1689441435324.png

Who gives others the most likes:
1689441441195.png

1689441446274.png

I am also not quite sure, what exactly is meant by top-commenters, so there are also a top-lists for users with most comments and most likes.

Users with most likes:
1689441459487.png

1689441467770.png

Users, who wrote most comments:
1689441474689.png

1689441509828.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Feeling slighted (not really, still having fun) : 8127 likes, 2076 messages 3.91:1

Top Bottom