• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Damn dude, the lower part of that photo suggests you may have that fitted a little bit snug...?

I don't know why it looks like that. It's actually quite loose. I tried with one more link removed and that was a bit tight.

Martin

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, @Martin, don't show that Snoopy 'watch' to anyone when it is thirty-past-two o'clock; unless you are at a bar at that time of the morning and trying to pick up somebody.:facepalm:
Dreamin’ of a bone. Of course he is.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
bought another watch at 1/ price

not a huge fan of casio or quartz but this one has a lot of upsides

sapphire glasss

5 yr battery

toy chrono

although large at 45mm i think is ok at 9mm thick

but 45mm isnt a big deal if you're 6 foot tall

the bracelet is typical casio sihit... rattlly stanmped steel but cheap to replace with silcion or leather

Mellina

Really like my BP Doctor Med 14 Wearable Blood Pressure Smartwatch, a great helper for health and exercise! Its airbag strap for measuring blood pressure is simply too comfortable.
PRO 14 (11).jpg

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Just acquired this stunning Omega (not from Watchbox or at their ludicrous prices) used in very good condition. Omega made 1894 of these watches in various dial colours, all with 18K gold cases, using new-old-stock Calibre 269 30mm movements brought up to late 90s standards.

All the vintage aesthetic and proportions, but with manufacturing techniques much closer to our current era. Especially the box sapphire crystal.

bogart

Forum Donor

Just acquired this stunning Omega (not from Watchbox or at their ludicrous prices) used in very good condition. Omega made 1894 of these watches in various dial colours, all with 18K gold cases, using new-old-stock Calibre 269 30mm movements brought up to late 90s standards.

All the vintage aesthetic and proportions, but with manufacturing techniques much closer to our current era. Especially the box sapphire crystal.
Very cool - hadn't heard they were making these, and love the vintage look and feel with modern expectations. Great pickup!

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very cool - hadn't heard they were making these, and love the vintage look and feel with modern expectations. Great pickup!

Yes, I think more recent reissues of vintage Omega like the CK859 don't quite capture the magic for some reason.

This was a very limited run of 1894 watches total, with releases as small as 100 for some dial colours, released quietly in year 1994, so I'm not surprised it's flown under the rader. And we know sales was slow because despite being limited edition, looking unlike contemporary Omegas and made in 18K gold, my search for one of these turned up examples with warranties filled in as late as 2005.

I'm partial to the blue dial but sadly couldn't find one for sale at all.

Secondary prices for these are starting to climb from 4k ish to over 6k. And I suspect they will climb further. A pristine set sold at auction in Hong Kong for around 13k. The only watches that could pry this off me are possibly pristine vintage chronographs from Minerva or Franck Muller, or a Patek 5196/3796/3923.

Platypus20

Forum Donor
A friend of mine and I talked today, it’s his birthday, he now wears a watch for basically the first time in his life, it a watch similar to a Apple Watch, but its main purpose is a heart/blood pressure monitor, he has had 2 heart attacks, they set limits and if he goes over, they send alarms to him, his wife and the doctor.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There used to be a pricey 'dual-quartz' (master/slave) watch that had an accuracy of +/-10second/year.
[OT/Irrelevant: It was a graduation present... from me to the old-man... for not helping me pay for my college...]
Anyways, I was quite surprised seeing the picture of this watch:
202402_OneTwoFortyFive.jpg

It made me take a double-look :oops: ...make that a triple-look.
Quite attractive.
202402_OneTwoFortyFiveFlip.jpg

If one is good... and two is better... therefore, two plus forty-five must be the best!
Forget mega-dollar tourbillion movements, this 'double-wing' automatic is a hair above $100.
I had no intentions before posting this but I just hustled myself to order one... daaang!

Last edited:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
It corrects the time via magic radio, so it's always right, and it's charged by solar.
Love that combination. It makes sure it

1) always shows
2) the correct time.

Basically the two most fundamental parts of a timepiece’s job.

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not worn a watch for years...but now aware that looking at your phone for the time can appear rude. Checking a watch can be done discreetly!
Simple and affordable.
L02-106-B023.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Checking a watch can be done discreetly!
Checking a watch can go up +1 in discretion (to clandestine) by wearing your nifty new watch on the inside of your wrist.
TMI: I just learned recently that proper etiquette for wearing IEMs (airpods, etc) is to remove at least one, at the onset of any dialog.
Since I don't stuff stuff in my ears; this post becomes a PSA.

Top Bottom