• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

ErVikingo

I have others but this is my favorite by far. My late father’s watch which he left me along with his Mirage, SAE, Meridian, etc. it’s a rare piece. It’s not a date just as shown on the face. Restorer couldn’t find the correct one. Its Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Ref. 1530. Solid stainless case and bracelet; look at how it is different than the typical jubilee bracelet (both the bracelet and how it attaches to the case). Weighs a ton

509582aceced74b33dc4e20f783d5d9ca2f9daea.jpeg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...the Sinn EZM-1. ...
sinn-ezm1-0415.jpg
Ooooooh, that's bead-blasted titanium... about the most agreeable metal with the human body.:oops:
I have replacements body parts (pins/screws/plates) made of titanium.
I had the original Breitling 80360 "Navitimer" with a bead-blasted titanium case:

202305_BreitlingNavitimer.jpg
later w/a name-change operation
202305_BreitlingAerospace.jpg

I grew tired of the fact that it had digititus in its guts, and gave it to a budddy on 'permanent loan basis'.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
TAG Hoyer Heuer joins LVMH (Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton).
Good or bad news?:oops:

Richest man in the world buying-out his own son's luxury brand. << perhaps, the fair example of nepotism.

tomchris

TAG Hoyer Heuer joins LVMH (Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton).
Good or bad news?:oops:

Richest man in the world buying-out his own son's luxury brand. << perhaps, the fair example of nepotism.

Conglomerates, market consolidation and mergers is always bad news for the consumers and employees. Welcome to the robber barons of the 21st century.
Christ, how I loathe this corporate evolutionary path.

Last edited:

Hephaestus

I have others but this is my favorite by far. My late father’s watch which he left me along with his Mirage, SAE, Meridian, etc. it’s a rare piece. It’s not a date just as shown on the face. Restorer couldn’t find the correct one. Its Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Ref. 1530. Solid stainless case and bracelet; look at how it is different than the typical jubilee bracelet (both the bracelet and how it attaches to the case). Weighs a ton

509582aceced74b33dc4e20f783d5d9ca2f9daea.jpeg
Pure Class. I believe ref 1530 is an Oyster Perpetual Date in Oysterquartz case & bracelet. Not a common sight!

ErVikingo

ErVikingo

That’s a lovely watch—haute horlogerie at its finest.

Rick “can’t fish in those waters” Denney
I think I found it

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate getting accused of OT; and NO! I am not worthy to strap one on my wrist.:oops:
If you wish you can stare at it all you want...
202305_WatchLVfront.jpg

...but it is NOT going to tell you what time it is...
202305_WatchLVback.jpg

...or how to make it tell you what time it is...:(
Pressing the dragon’s head at two o’clock activates five different animations to come alive for a total of 16 seconds, driven by the LV525 caliber with jumping hours and retrograde minutes. A pink-gold dragon’s head swings across the mask’s forehead to reveal the hours while the tail points to the minutes, as the mask’s eyes and mouth also move.
I had to search to see it in action:
It has a (patented) governor; maybe because so many craftsmen and artisans had their hands in making each one.:confused:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate getting accused of OT; and NO! I am not worthy to strap one on my wrist.:oops:
If you wish you can stare at it all you want...
View attachment 288639
...but it is NOT going to tell you what time it is...
View attachment 288640
...or how to make it tell you what time it is...:(

I had to search to see it in action:
It has a (patented) governor; maybe because so many craftsmen and artisans had their hands in making each one.:confused:
Luis Vuitton, right.

Initially I thought it was a piece of KISS memorabilia.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm replacing another Timex or Marathon digital watch with alarm, night illumination and a decent sized display. I am looking at these 2 Casio watches. Both have advantages and looks that I like. The analogue one is kinda cool. Any ideas about what you think is cool for the price range or maybe a lil more but not much?
GSHOCK-GA2100RC-1A-RUST-BLACK-ANALOG-DIGITAL-WATCH-1_700x.jpg

GSHOCK-GX56RC-1-BLACK-RUST-DIGITAL-WATCH-1_700x.jpg

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm replacing another Timex or Marathon digital watch with alarm, night illumination and a decent sized display. I am looking at these 2 Casio watches. Both have advantages and looks that I like. The analogue one is kinda cool. Any ideas about what you think is cool for the price range or maybe a lil more but not much?
GSHOCK-GA2100RC-1A-RUST-BLACK-ANALOG-DIGITAL-WATCH-1_700x.jpg

GSHOCK-GX56RC-1-BLACK-RUST-DIGITAL-WATCH-1_700x.jpg
If I did not have the need for several alarms (after January, I won't), I would go with the most analog appearing of the 2.

Zgrado1970

Boring Apple Watch here. Although it is nice to have a simple remote (with volume control) on my wrist when I am streaming from my phone or iPad.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I did not have the need for several alarms (after January, I won't), I would go with the most analog appearing of the 2.
May I suggest an automatic (non-chrono) w/a second hand... optionally a date window?
Does not have to be an expensive or a flashy one:
Single crown, luminous hands, legible dial, non-leather band, bare (no coatings) metal, and a protected (or hardened) crystal.
The most important criteria is to get one having a reliable movement (100m) that you never have to crack open to replace a #$%^ battery!
Even if it means every month it is inaccurate +/-30 seconds.

You wan't 'sexy'? Get an exhibition back or 24++ jewels. :confused:

Top Bottom