• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

TheWalkman

1685481398207.jpeg

Apple Ultra. This is one insane piece of technology.

Those over fifty will appreciate this anecdote. I was playing Pickleball with a buddy at a local park. A couple of young guys asked if they could play in, so my buddy and I say sure and we split up.

The new guys were in their mid twenties/ early thirties.

As we start the game, my buddy (late sixties) gets a phone call from his wife on his Apple Watch and starts talking into his wrist.

I look over at my new, young partner and joke that my pal thinks he‘s Dick Tracy. The kid had no clue what I am talking about!
1685482825337.gif

I‘m getting old!

1685481809367.jpeg

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I bit on analogue digital hybrid watch and bought this one.
I am always going to think of you more as the type that would wear a watch like this one:
202305_WatchELZ.jpg
:D
Like a DIY watch, ....if there ever was such a thing!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A follow-up to the ca. 1975 second-gen Hamilton (after the Pulsar), which used a quartz module developed by SSIH (aka Omega). This was my high-school graduation present:

IMG_1369-dsqz.JPG

Rick "still works but eats (pairs of) batteries" Denney
I was looking at vintage replicas and vintage LED watches while I was searching for a new watch this week. Some very nice LED watches out there.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was looking at vintage replicas and vintage LED watches while I was searching for a new watch this week. Some very nice LED watches out there.
Yeah, I like this Hamilton QEDII better than the original Pulsar, which to me is rather bulbous.

But nobody ever accused me of having good taste in watches. :)

Rick "wearing a chunky Heuer Monaco this week" Denney

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Heuer Monaco
Those are very nice. I like the chunkyness and racing stripe.
Any good deals to be had here or would many of them be forgeries?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Got this a few months ago. Seventies vibes with a little colour. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.
View attachment 289647
That looks good and the metallic blue color is eye catching. I'm anticipating this watch tomorrow and am very interested to see if the blue accents looks like crocs shoes or if it suits the watch and backlighting.
GSHOCK-GA2100RC-1A-RUST-BLACK-ANALOG-DIGITAL-WATCH-4_700x.jpg

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
bill.jpg

I have dozens of vintage NOS mechanical watches, chronographs, etc. A more than adequate lifetime supply, so I never have to wear a digital watch.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Accidentally posted to the wrong topic a few days ago... but here is a forged carbon Baldieri M48, my main everyday watch these days.

20230601_125742.jpg

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was your watch that inspired this purchase yesterday for delivery tomorrow.
first-g-shock-ga2100rc-1a-black-and-rust-edition-v0-0nA3wgjbM8x_9_oHWX1_k005VUozMpp1B4XouIX5N3k.jpg
Awesome! Enjoy!

It is one thing I enjoy about the audio hobby as a rule - there always seem to be other cool interests that audio hobbyists engage in... we also have a very cool motorcycle as well as a cooking thread around here. And there have been discussions on surfing and travel and philosophy and many more. It's cool to come here when I don't really want to discuss audio topics and yet find other interesting stuff. :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Awesome! Enjoy!

It is one thing I enjoy about the audio hobby as a rule - there always seem to be other cool interests that audio hobbyists engage in... we also have a very cool motorcycle as well as a cooking thread around here. And there have been discussions on surfing and travel and philosophy and many more. It's cool to come here when I don't really want to discuss audio topics and yet find other interesting stuff. :)
... and we have the, "Humor" thread too. I get some laughs out of that from time to time.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dangit! The new Casio analogue digital hybrid watch that I bought is too small for my wrist. So I'm ordering in a new rubber watch strap for my Timex T300 digital. The Timex watchstrap has torn in 2 locations after 5 months of daily light use. Not very good strap for a new watch but the display is HUGE and is very easy to read.
TW5M47500.png

New 210mm without buckle length included strap for it is as follows.>

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Accidentally posted to the wrong topic a few days ago... but here is a forged carbon Baldieri M48, my main everyday watch these days.

View attachment 289651
Did you buy your Baldieri M48 direct or did you buy from a retailer? I'm not of the sound mind in affording this watch but it looks so dang nice and I'm tired of new and cheap watches in my life every 4 to 5 months. Additionally did you get your watch with a carbon strap or did you ad this on later? I ask because the carbon model is rare and apparently so is the strap and no length is given on the strap(s). I apparently have large wrists and am experiencing sizing issues with other brands
Good price?>>

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmmz... I am also looking at this watch. Very easily read.
img_4552.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom