• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB to 12V trigger input?

SD2KING

Yes and no. I came up with a solution that works reasonably well and is still in service:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...rol-12v-amp-trigger.24288/page-2#post-1019792

I was not able to get power out of the USB on the mini. Someone mentioned that it only sends current to the USB port when USB is selected as the input. That would not have worked for me.

Ok, this last point indeed then does end up require quite an “involved” solution, like yours. Honestly, the implementation of current to the USB port sounds logical. Reducing potential noise in the circuitry and or unnecessarily powering a device while not being used. It could have also been offered as an option whether or not to send current to the USB port when powered on or when the USB port was elected as an input.

Slightly off topic: I can imagine that a function like “trigger out/in” can be used to segment multiple solutions within a range from the same technology manufacturer/supplier. But this feature is so simple that it’s nearly unforgivable for not implementing, why it didn’t end up on the pro beats me.

I may have to bring the mini-I 4 pro back and give the DMP-A6 a go.

Top Bottom