• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking to build a simple solution to control 12v amp trigger

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is working great! I confirmed that the "arrow" was positive. I simply inserted the wires from the mono plug into the controller plug and taped it up. I taught the Harmony the power on/off from the remote that came with the controller. The amp powers on and off with the streamer for music or with the TV and cable box or TV and DVD, etc. I really appreciate all the help I received.
View attachment 136541
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Right now, I'm using an idle Marantz AVR to do the job (over kill).

I Was looking at this but with a power supply it is more expensive

I just want to turn my amp on and off.

Where is the IR receiver located on your solution?

Last edited:
OP
catalogguy

catalogguy

Forum Donor
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Right now, I'm using an idle Marantz AVR to do the job (over kill).

I Was looking at this but with a power supply it is more expensive

I just want to turn my amp on and off.

Where is the IR receiver located on your solution?

I simply placed the device adjacent to the amplifier and ran the IR receiver until it is about flush with the face of the amp and the streamer that sits next to it. It still works just fine :)

Dennis_FL

Forum Donor
I simply placed the device adjacent to the amplifier and ran the IR receiver until it is about flush with the face of the amp and the streamer that sits next to it. It still works just fine :)
I didn’t phrase it correctly…I meant where is the IR receiver on this device ? I didn’t see it on the picture in Amazo.

OP
catalogguy

catalogguy

Forum Donor
The IR receiver is the square plastic bit inside the red circle...
1640045753218.png

Attachments

• 1640045739513.png
    1640045739513.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 57

Dennis_FL

Forum Donor
Aha...got it, thanks

Top Bottom