• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB power meter that detects fake Apple chargers

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a cheap USB power meter, but came across this one that can ID the device for things like telling if an Apple charger is real or a fake without taking it apart. It's the ChargerLAB POWER-Z KM003C and much cheaper on Aliexpress for $70 plus some other discounts on it. Not sure if I'd use it though, I buy the Samsung ETA0U60JBE chargers, which measure just as well as the Apple ones at $10 for a five pack with shipping from a cell phone recycle store. Just seems so cool to identify things as well.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These "smart USB meters" are the new hype these days. They can do many cool things. Linus of LTT was talking about one a while ago, called AVHzY CT-3 USB. It $75 on company's own store +$5 shipping.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The sure way to get a real Apple charger is to order it directly from Apple, or drop into your nearby Apple store.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The sure way to get a real Apple charger is to order it directly from Apple, or drop into your nearby Apple store.
That seems far too straightforward.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
they dont even supply a charger with a new phone so i dont know why people fuss over a 'real' charger

funnily enough i use all my partners old 'real' chargers to power dacs

Top Bottom