• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Uptone EtherREGEN

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
And yet, on the front page it says: "The products you see here deliver immediately audible benefits." :rolleyes:

In the beginning of the EtherREGEN description you also get:

"In development for nearly two years, this revolutionary and sophisticated Ethernet switch is capable of producing surprisingly audible sonic improvements in fine music systems."

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
[]
I notice that Uptone and its staff are very, very careful not to say anything like "the EtherRegen improves the sound quality of digital music"
They just say things like "unmatched level of Ethernet performance" to stay within the strict advertising laws in the UK and EEC (I don't know about the US) All of the comments about sound quality improvements are from the paid 'reviewers' and those who have fallen for the nonsense of a digital switch being able to affect the encoded audio passing through it.

No, they say precisely this on their website.

this revolutionary and sophisticated Ethernet switch is capable of producing surprisingly audible sonic improvements in fine music systems.

Sounds like false/misleading advertising to me.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It does takes some impressive ' social' skills to defraud folks and get thanked for it even when they know their 'fine' hifi system is worse now.

If you read though some of that firmware stuff you can sense people ' spin doctoring' their own thoughts .

Jim of Wigan says..,

" It's worse for me but that just proves it makes a difference and I'm sure some will like it, maybe the firmware needs to be burnt in?? I'm keeping mine to see if it improves"

No one here has these skills , we are all inferior in this regard. Hell some of us are so rubbish socially we can't even hide our disdain.

Tks

Major Contributor
Did that guy just say "maybe the firmware needs to be burnt in" ? ? ? ?

giphy.webp

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Did that guy just say "maybe the firmware needs to be burnt in" ? ? ? ?
A more nuanced interpretation. If the firmware causes a difference in sound, then the signal coming out of the device is now of different quality. All the hardware components have to bend a new way to the new quality of signal coming out of it. Makes perfect sense. Did I just type that it makes perfect sense? Oh my! But it does if you have a certain amount of sophistication combined with a certain lack of knowledge.

Top Bottom