• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ubacch for Windows and Jriver convolution problem

Korppi12

Hello from Finland,

I have been testing the Ubacch filter and must say i am impressed!

One problem i have:

I make speakers myself and use Rew, rephase and Jriver convolver for active crossovers&room correction

Once i turn on Ubacch in Jriver it totally messes up my active setup , it just makes the maqic for some channels.

It has to do with how jriver makes channel outputs even when using convolution:
Left, Right, Centre, Sub, Sl, Sr are shown in the analyzer in 3way active setup, 2 speakers, six channels

So ubacch does its maqic for left and right channel only

Ubacch doesnt understand that left and right has 3 channels each

If i use no convolver in Jriver and use MiniDSP for crossover, its fine

If i use no convolver in Jriver and use 3 way Genelecs, its great.

So how am i able to have a convolver for two 3 way speakers, six channels alltogether and have ubacch do its job that it understands that one channel is 3 out, for example left channel and other one (right) has 3 out

I want to cut out the minidsp.

How about doing the convolution in some other program and routing it to Jriver with Ubacch for output?

Any other ideas?

Jriver is standard output in my system, every sound is routed to it

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Hello from Finland,

I have been testing the Ubacch filter and must say i am impressed!

One problem i have:

I make speakers myself and use Rew, rephase and Jriver convolver for active crossovers&room correction

Once i turn on Ubacch in Jriver it totally messes up my active setup , it just makes the maqic for some channels.

It has to do with how jriver makes channel outputs even when using convolution:
Left, Right, Centre, Sub, Sl, Sr are shown in the analyzer in 3way active setup, 2 speakers, six channels

So ubacch does its maqic for left and right channel only

Ubacch doesnt understand that left and right has 3 channels each

If i use no convolver in Jriver and use MiniDSP for crossover, its fine

If i use no convolver in Jriver and use 3 way Genelecs, its great.

So how am i able to have a convolver for two 3 way speakers, six channels alltogether and have ubacch do its job that it understands that one channel is 3 out, for example left channel and other one (right) has 3 out

I want to cut out the minidsp.

How about doing the convolution in some other program and routing it to Jriver with Ubacch for output?

Any other ideas?

Jriver is standard output in my system, every sound is routed to it
What is the order of processing in JRiver? Is the uBacch plug-in before or after JRiver splits L/R toL/R/C/Sub/SL/SR?

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the order of processing in JRiver? Is the uBacch plug-in before or after JRiver splits L/R toL/R/C/Sub/SL/SR?
UBacch is going to have to sit before the crossover. I use Ubacch for my 2+2 setup with JRiver and Dirac. In my Stereo Zone, the stack in order is: Output Format, PEQ, UBacch and the two channel output goes to the Dirac Stand Alone processor which creates the High/Low Pass in DLBC, applies correction filters, and routes everything as 4 channels to my Octo Dac 8 Pro.

UBacch is strictly a two channel solution. It won't really work in a 5.1 layout b/c it exclusively is applied to L-R channels.

Btw, if you want to cut out the miniDSP box, you could use a software based xover like Ekio ($175) or DePhonica (freeware). Like DLBC, they would receive JRiver's output, do their thing, and output to a multi channel DAC.

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
The above posts have nailed it. Left click on uBACCH and drag it to change the order of processing. It should be the second last step in processing, just before convolution.

OP
K

Korppi12

Yes, i got it working, audio path is now in correct order.
Thanks!

Top Bottom