• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear HOLA

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hola measurements published by the manufacturer below. Looks promising! 18 usd

hola1.jpg

hola4.jpg

hola2.jpg

hola3.jpg

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Dazerdoreal

A slightly bassier and darker 7hz Zero, right? Personally, I think the 7hz Zero already hits the sweetspot for me when it comes to budget In-Ears. But again, it is great what performances you can get for 20 Dollar nowadays.

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
With performance that close, not to say almost identical, maybe it is time to concentrate on other aspect when considering alternatives.
comfort, fit, build, etc...

Dazerdoreal

With performance that close, not to say almost identical, maybe it is time to concentrate on other aspect when considering alternatives.
I think their difference in sound might be more significant as it might seem on first glance. While there are no big peaks and dips, the overall balance between bass, mids, and treble is different.

Then again, I agree that comfort & fit is always important.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess it is in the nuances. One can choose among the 4 more or less like:
- Chu: leaner.
- Wan'er: warmer.
- Zero: neutral (in my opinion)
- Hola: bassier.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Was missing the family shot: Hola (18 usd), Hexa (70 usd) and Zero (44 usd). They are quite different!

hola7.jpg

markanini

Major Contributor
Judging by the graph it has too little mid-bass for my preference. Some audiophiles might like that for extra detail. Nevermind I was looking at the Hexa.

Last edited:

Fregly

I found the waner muddy bassy and the Hola has more. The Hexa would be closer to perceived neutral for my ears from those graphs. The modern curve preference is v shaped for me. I have actually stopped buying iems because nothing seems to sound right, listening mostly through a cd player, so no eq. Going back to one of the Senn 6--- and everything sounds normal again.

markanini

Major Contributor
I found the waner muddy bassy and the Hola has more. The Hexa would be closer to perceived neutral for my ears from those graphs. The modern curve preference is v shaped for me. I have actually stopped buying iems because nothing seems to sound right, listening mostly through a cd player, so no eq. Going back to one of the Senn 6--- and everything sounds normal again.
Wan'er and Hola might be a little light on pinna gain for the amount of mid-bass they have.
1674058746748.png

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a pair today. I usually have no problem with ear tip fit - medium or large tips, depanding on the brand, fit perfectly fine normally. But with Hexa, none of the tips in the box selaed properly. I ended up using a pair from Truthear Zero’s set to get a proper fit.

markanini

Major Contributor
I got a pair today. I usually have no problem with ear tip fit - medium or large tips, depanding on the brand, fit perfectly fine normally. But with Hexa, none of the tips in the box selaed properly. I ended up using a pair from Truthear Zero’s set to get a proper fit.
You got the Hola or the Hexa?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really don't know. Zero eartips are not the best (as the best fit ones are on the Zero) - they dont seel 100% and they keep falling off so I did not have a chance to listen to them properly yet.

MTBDoc

I picked up a pair a few days ago and am delighted with them. They actually fit my ears better than others I’ve tried (with my usual larger tip on the left side). I am awaiting my AP80 Pro-X from Linsoul, and with it I picked up a huge set of various sizes of soft rubber tips (a sizing package) which will be fun to really optimize.

BTW, as I posted elsewhere, I’m going to mail the player to our host for a review as soon as it arrives.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I realize I wrote Hexa before, I meant Hola.

My theory is that they are quite slim, compared to, say, Truthear Zero, and they sit higher up in my ear, therefore require a bigger tip to seal. Here is a reference photo. Left is Hola right is Zero. I managed to find a tip that fits finally from a Tin Hifi set and am listening to them right now.

IMG_7217 copy.jpg

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am on the Mac so listening without EQ. I think they are not bad. If I am going out for a short walk for example, would not mind picking them up. They look nice, they are smaller so don't stick out from your ears much. Sound is very decent but nothing to write home about in my opinion. I picked up Zeros to test when they arrived, and ended up going thorough my whole library with them. Nothing like that with Hola. If anything I found them to be a bit fatiguing. Worth the $17 but not much more IMHO.

I will be ordering Hexa next to see how they sound.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Top Bottom