• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING RA3 Amplifier(PA5 substitute?)

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1685675396708.jpeg

Use ChatGPT for translation
Powerful Output
RA3 can output 140W×2 with a 4-ohm load at 10% distortion; if a higher standard of 1% distortion is required, it can output 125W×2 with a 4-ohm load. The high output power and low distortion under load characteristics have already met the requirements for most speakers and usage scenarios.

Last edited:
OP

192kbps

PA5 has been inherited.

OP

192kbps

Can you translate?
Powerful Output
RA3 can output 140W×2 with a 4-ohm load at 10% distortion; if a higher standard of 1% distortion is required, it can output 125W×2 with a 4-ohm load. The high output power and low distortion under load characteristics have already met the requirements for most speakers and usage scenarios.

OP

192kbps

Topping released RA3 along with it.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
as explained by some product people here its a china thing to give 10% thd... if you dont do it, you look dumb when everyone else is

i suspect this is a 70-75-80w amp at best at realistic thd... which is fine for most of us

the whole thing seems a bit odd to me... who is asking for rack mount gear?

also new logo??

Reactions: MAB

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
as explained by some product people here its a china thing to give 10% thd... if you dont do it, you look dumb when everyone else is

i suspect this is a 70-75-80w amp at best at realistic thd... which is fine for most of us

also new logo??
I would only buy a power amp if it was 19" rack mounted. It's by far the most convenient way of mounting equipment, and the rack sides hide the cables neatly. I can't understand why consumer equipment never adopted the rack mounting standard even though normal full-width (432mm, 17") equipment fits a 19" rack if fitted with mounting ears.

The usual sort of HiFi rack with shelves and open sides is just so untidy, and with so much equipment now being very light the kit moves about when making connections or even when pushing any buttons.

S.

MAB

Major Contributor

also new logo??
Yeah, it's a low-distortion amplifier with power spec'ed at 10% distortion.
Interesting move towards generic rack-mount chassis that no longer fit on the desktop yet are unlikely to ever be rack-mounted. They could probably make it 16" wide and nobody would even care. But it does have gold feet.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
thank you Mr. 192kbps!

despite your low bandwidth name your posts are more like MQA FLAC (no, I'm kidding of course!)

A question i have is that why would you have XLR out on the DAC but have whatever the hell TRS input on the amp????

what what?

unless they give you an XLR to TRS interconnect in the box???

i think some of the design things are bit weird in that they have detachable feet (I guess) but why not detachable rack ears unless they like that aesthetic?

Top Bottom