• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Rate this stereo amplifier

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 63 15.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 304 75.8%

• Total voters

mike7877

Addicted to Fun and Learning
L7Audiolab measured the volume knob's impact on the original LA90 at 5W/4Ω:
View attachment 365547 View attachment 365548
Source: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/topping-la90/

Roughly the same impact can be expected with the LA90D.

Nice.

Check this out:
1714018856294.png

50mV -83dB THD+n

SNR has to be higher than THD+n. In this case I don't know by how much, but for fun let's say the noise is at -87dB compared to signal - puts it pretty high up there in the ASR chart of headphone amps (best being 95 except for the L30 II)... We already know the thing sounds good- at this point, might as well make a 2x speaker wire (terminated with banana plugs) to female 4 pin XLR connector and use the LA90(D) as a headphone amp! Comes complete with volume control lol

babadono

Does this amplifier have any operational amplifier in the signal path, or maybe it is a 100% discrete circuit from input to output?
I would assume yes...but I sure want to take one apart. Don't think we will ever know what is in the black encased modules. Just received a 9" 2mm T handle hex key for this very purpose.

Top Bottom