• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING E30II Lite Next Tuesday!

notsodeadlizard

Well, here we will find out how the lineups are formed in this new beautiful world.
If you change the DAC, it will be a different model.
You can just leave one DAC in its normal stereo mode, but in this case, you need to somehow show those who bought the version with two DACs in mono mode that they did not give their money in vain, at least 0.0002% THD parameters should be worse.
This is even interesting.
Perhaps this is the only interesting thing in the whole dull story.

Bleib

Major Contributor
How is a cheaper version a bad thing? Just don't buy it

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
the question i would have is that are we expecting companies to move to type-c so they dont have to include a charger?

also do people find proprietry 12v adapters to be a pain?

i do get that if you include a headphone amp then you may need more power than a mere 5v 2a

iconoclast

And I just bought an E30 II 3 days ago. Oh well. Always nice to see cheaper devices.

Ashimaru

From shenzenaudio

Attachments

• Capture+_2023-06-27-20-51-41.png
    Capture+_2023-06-27-20-51-41.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 601

Snoopy

Major Contributor
the question i would have is that are we expecting companies to move to type-c so they dont have to include a charger?

also do people find proprietry 12v adapters to be a pain?

i do get that if you include a headphone amp then you may need more power than a mere 5v 2a

SMSL SU-1 has a usb C input for data & power and is cheaper. Supports DSD and MQA CD.

I very much prefer DACs with USB-C...one cable less on a desktop.

Jarrett

*How* is it made cheaper? One DAC? They should have used one DAC to reduce costs with the E30 II for starters IMO instead of dual design.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping's DAC of the month. I was getting worried they would skip this time, not anymore.

Mkilbride

The Lite seems pretty much functionally identical outside of that meme MQA stuff, one DAC instead of two, but functions are the same.

Did they just make their non-lite redundant?

Jarrett

OH it is one DAC. That's a great move. I feel like dual designs are sort of like your dual gpu setup until the next gen comes out and a single card beats two :cool:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
about dual chip dacs

if you want a "premium" SOTA dac then to extract that last few percent I guess its ok? eg. for $500 then its common

OR

if you want a true differential balanced XLR dac then that too works (ie. SMSL M300?)... ie. one chip per channel

and yea I think I'm done buying any more dacs that use their own proprietary psus... I just keep losing them!

i think for many low power devices they should move to type-c... perhaps dual type c input like the M300 where you have one for power, one for data

ALSO no MQA! oh my. We are so sad for this loss.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Ha, do I need this.. umm maybe…. E30 is working fine here..

Here is a good comparison table between the E30, E30II and E30 II lite

View attachment 295541
If the frequency response is flat they should all essentially sound transparent

Top Bottom