• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Undecided in purchasing between smsl do100 and topping e30ii

Ilmiratore

Hi everyone, after several searches on a cheap DAC with a maximum budget of $300 I came across two products that are talked about very well on the web, Topping e30ii and Smsl do100. From what I understand they both sound very good and have comparable quality to other DAC brands at much higher prices, I would be curious to know from you experts or from those who have tried them both which one sounds better, so you can help me purchase one of them these two products, thank you.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just unpacked a DO100 tonight, and it sounds fantastic just like it measures. The JDS Atom + is also excellent. I've just had a lot of the E30's but not the second version, but it measures better than the original. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I use an E50 and D10b for daily drivers, but if I was buying new I'd like to try the SMSL DL200 which has a built in amplifier for $200, but more interesting it shows in the specs it outputs 2.5v or 5 volts when used as a DAC. Pretty futureproof if you decide to park a more power amplifier next to it someday. A Sabaj A20H is currently $89 on Amazon and it was designed for a 5 volt DAC, so for 300 beans you can get both and never upgrade again. I have an A20H and would put it up against anything out there (as long as you can live with the cable connectors being in the back).

Top Bottom