• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SPDIF input: Topping E30 II, E30 II Lite, FiiO K7, or something else?

alexandrul

The intended usage in the near future: pairing with a WiiM Pro.

The price for SMSL SU-1 is way too close to E30 II Lite and it's not available in the next few weeks/months at my local shops.

The reviews for both E30 II and E30 II Lite are mentioning inaudible jitter issues for SPDIF (E30 II Lite seems to behave a little better but I can't be sure that the results are directly comparable).

On the other hand, FiiO K7 is only 50$ more expensive than E30 II, way less than a decent dedicated headphone amp, and I could reuse it in the future for my PC. However, the measurements for K7 are a bit odd, line out having more distortions than headphone output.

So far I'm inclined to toss a coin between E30 II Lite and K7. Am I missing some data that would help me make a better decision?

Reviews:
- FiiO K7
- Topping E30 II
- Topping E30 II Lite

Top Bottom