• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TheEngineer245

Hello there everyone!

Please bare with me here since I am new to this forum and I don't understand if I do something wrong (even this post I don't know for sure if it belongs here, sorry in advance if not).

To jump to the issue: I recently bought a Topping E30 II Lite DAC to go with my Topping L30 II amplifier which I am very happy with. However, once the setup was done, I noticed that some things do not add up to the DAC based on what it was written on the product page description:
- I cannot put the device in DAC mode at all, tried every way possible, including pressing all the buttons on the remote or with the universal touch button (pressing for 7+ seconds just enters the settings of the DAC)
- Upgraded the firmware to the latest version, also did nothing
- The DAC cannot be powered only through USB for some reason, it requires the power connector to actually power up, so I have to stay with both cables plugged in
- It also cannot go above the 32bit 384 PCM range (it was advertised as 768PCM) - not that I care that much, but with the other issues listed above it tells me something is wrong
The DAC was purchased from a reputable retailer in my country which I never had any issues with, and the package was also sealed. Besides that, the casing indeed shows E30 II Lite on it, so it confuses me.

The setup that I done is basically the following: PC -> E30 II Lite (USB) -> L30 II Amp -> Headphones

Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• topping.png
    topping.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 102

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @TheEngineer245! Welcome to ASR.

- I cannot put the device in DAC mode at all, tried every way possible
To set the E30II Lite to DAC mode, you need to:

1. Press and hold the touch button on the front panel for 5 seconds, to enter the setup menu
2. Press the touch button to cycle through the different settings. At some point, the display should read "m-p"
3. Double press the touch button to toggle this to DAC mode. The display should read "m-d".
4. Press and hold the touch button until the display reads "8-8". This signals that your settings have been saved.

You can find the user manual with all of this info here:
https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/852748.html

- The DAC cannot be powered only through USB for some reason, it requires the power connector to actually power up, so I have to stay with both cables plugged in
The DAC needs a certain amount of current to function.
If your USB host device is unable to supply said current, then you will have to use the barrel jack to power it instead.

- It also cannot go above the 32bit 384 PCM range (it was advertised as 768PCM) - not that I care that much, but with the other issues listed above it tells me something is wrong
Nothing is wrong.
384kHz is the highest sample rate supported by Windows' default audio pipeline, and the highest that you will ever be able to select in the Sound Control Panel, regardless of which DAC you use.

To play sample rates higher than that, you will have to use specialized audio software combined with Topping's driver and ASIO interface.

The driver can be downloaded here:
https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/852748.html

Top Bottom