• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-1 vs Topping E30 II Lite

LegionOfHell

Which DAC has the better measurement ? The measurements that were posted here at ASR show that the E30II/lite have some jitter problems through optical-in which are not audible...whereas the SMSL SU1 does not have this problem....

Should I worry about this ?

Which one would you personally go for ?

I have three HPA that I might pair with the DAC, Heresy, SP200 and Liquid spark.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got several DACs and the Topping L30II with a Samsung ETA0U60JBE charger for power sounds flawless. If you want better performance with optical, the E50 I've got is better for that, and has balanced and single end connectors (even though the SP200 has best performance on single ended, no XLR to RCA conversion is done, have one also). The SU1 is on sale at Aliexpress and the best value by far. Just use a ETA0U60JBE or real Apple charger for power and you'll be set. I had the SU1 with a Drop One THX amp and it sounded great. Hard to go wrong, but the E50 is best of the bunch for optical and coax.

Bel Canto

Having used both Dac's, to my ear there was a subtle difference between the 2. The SU-1 sounded more open and airy but with a little less bass than the E30ii lite. Ultimately, I sold the E30ii lite as I preferred the su-1.
However, the remote and display on the e300 lite could be good if required.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Having used both Dac's, to my ear there was a subtle difference between the 2. The SU-1 sounded more open and airy but with a little less bass than the E30ii lite. Ultimately, I sold the E30ii lite as I preferred the su-1.
However, the remote and display on the e300 lite could be good if required.
After what I was playing earlier and using 7Hx Zero, the SU1 does bass all right :D It does all enveloping ambience and reverb too if it's there in the recording/production... Fit and forget basically if that's what you want.

Top Bottom